Production ZS Cases - A4 V3.2 8.4L - Minor Update

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Thanks for the link. From their introduction page it seems like they are from Australia (comments about trying to set up a business paypal in australia, for instance) but for obvious reasons the cases are made in china. You wouldnt call an Iphone chinese (and they clearly don't either since they paste designed in 'merica on all their phones).

I ask because I also live in Aus and seriously considering making my own case but don't really know where to start or if a one off case (for now at least) is even worth it in terms of price. I've looked up many fabrication places in aus but they all work on large scale stuff so I'm scared to message them and find out my case is too small for them to bother making or the cost being like $500 or more.
This is a thread for the A4 V3.2 and so I do not want to wander away from it.
But, I suppose you can start off from the software side. Once you have designed a case and have it in a relevant file format, you can ask for a quote. I am not speaking from experience but just by common sense.
Googling Australia's CNC service, this one is the top one. I reckon you can just upload the 3D file to them and they will return a quote to you.

zeal3d

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 5, 2021
www.zeal3dprinting.com.au
This is a thread for the A4 V3.2 and so I do not want to wander away from it.
But, I suppose you can start off from the software side. Once you have designed a case and have it in a relevant file format, you can ask for a quote. I am not speaking from experience but just by common sense.
Googling Australia's CNC service, this one is the top one. I reckon you can just upload the 3D file to them and they will return a quote to you.
Thanks, Shrink Way Wielder (tinyitx) for referring us. We also offer 3d printing, 3d scanning, 3d designing, fabrication, vacuum casting, injection molding, extrusion, contract manufacturing services.
To know more get in touch with us! Email us at info@zeal3dprinting.com.au or call us on +61 1300 719 729

Reactions: rfarmer

shadww

Cable Smoosher
Jul 12, 2021
Ok, so I received the updated v3.2 power plug version.

Here are some images.

Looks nice. The color are little blown in my camera (probably lighting issue on my side? XD), it looks better in reality.

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
2 questions regarding current v3.1 owners:

1) Anyone have a recommended gen 4 riser that allows for fan under the mobo? I currently have this one which makes the clearance < 12mm now:

LINKUP - Ultra PCIe 4.0 X16​

2) Are the new back panels able to be bought separately on the site? Or at least the cable? From the pictures the clearance doesn't appear to be much different so if anything I can try to make the wire fit in the v3.1 panel

thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: guniens

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019

1) Anyone have a recommended gen 4 riser that allows for fan under the mobo? I currently have this one which makes the clearance < 12mm now:

2) Are the new back panels able to be bought separately on the site? Or at least the cable? From the pictures the clearance doesn't appear to be much different so if anything I can try to make the wire fit in the v3.1 panel

thanks
I'm interested in this too

shadww

Cable Smoosher
Jul 12, 2021

I am using ADT 4.0 Riser Cable.

It feels like 3.0-3.5mm height increase (which might limit fan to <= 12mm as you said).

Putting a 15mm fan in there led to the top panel, while still being shut and hold by magnets, to pop-up and rise a bit.

A 12mm fan (like ones from scythe might be better but dont have any)..... however still I wish to have them as top exhaust, which mean I need to add fan grills making it difficult to use with this clearance.... (will give it a try once I get some equips, but it doesn't look promising..)

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019

It feels like 3.0-3.5mm height increase (which might limit fan to <= 12mm as you said).

Putting a 15mm fan in there led to the top panel, while still being shut and hold by magnets, to pop-up and rise a bit.

A 12mm fan (like ones from scythe might be better but dont have any)..... however still I wish to have them as top exhaust, which mean I need to add fan grills making it difficult to use with this clearance.... (will give it a try once I get some equips, but it doesn't look promising..)

Oh so this is in the flipped orientation right? I was confused that you were measuring at the top I think that I see it now.
I hate to ask for the link, but these things have so many diff variations etc...so do you have a link or a model #?

Thanks

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019

Hi
Could you please provide a pic of the side showing mb+riser, gpu+riser?
Also, which version of the case do you have?

Thanks in advance!

shadww

Cable Smoosher
Jul 12, 2021
@peacecraft_M

Yes. I had to flip it because the height of the gpu (De-shrouded Red Devil 6700XT) the power cables wont allow the panel to close (can of be solved by a 90 or better 180 degree adapter).

I ordered from toabao, this is the link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.230f2e8dRuNRfJ&id=561003619490&_u=o208rh5bmv6bec

(check the images for model number, length was 19.5 cm)

@guniens I am using ZS A4 V3.2
I am waiting for other components to arrive. Once I have time to work on the case again I will try to get some pictures. However I can give some quick top view pics took earlier.

Reactions: guniens

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
@peacecraft_M

Yes. I had to flip it because the height of the gpu (De-shrouded Red Devil 6700XT) the power cables wont allow the panel to close (can of be solved by a 90 or better 180 degree adapter).

I ordered from toabao, this is the link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.230f2e8dRuNRfJ&id=561003619490&_u=o208rh5bmv6bec

(check the images for model number, length was 19.5 cm)

@guniens I am using ZS A4 V3.2
I am waiting for other components to arrive. Once I have time to work on the case again I will try to get some pictures. However I can give some quick top view pics took earlier.

I'm not going to act like I know the gen 4.0 spec or anything but I've been weary about ordering from taobao because I've read that there are lots of vendors selling fakes out there, like old gen 3 that are refurbished etc. Are you on a gen 4.0 Mobo and can confirm its gen 4.0? I have a gen 4 but only because I wanted to future proof. My setup is all gen 3 etc. I don't mind getting a 3.0 at the end of the day but it would be nice to future proof(kind of)

thanks,

shadww

Cable Smoosher
Jul 12, 2021
I'm not going to act like I know the gen 4.0 spec or anything but I've been weary about ordering from taobao because I've read that there are lots of vendors selling fakes out there, like old gen 3 that are refurbished etc. Are you on a gen 4.0 Mobo and can confirm its gen 4.0? I have a gen 4 but only because I wanted to future proof. My setup is all gen 3 etc. I don't mind getting a 3.0 at the end of the day but it would be nice to future proof(kind of)

thanks,
Yah I am sure. Had trouble with Gen 3, as in previous build RTX3080 wont be recognized unless I plug directly or change pcie to gen 3 before using that cable.
But I used this same model, gen 4 and works. I cannot comment on bandwidth but built 2 PCs with it so far no issues. Also, this taoboa seller is very reputable and big number of reviews so it feels safe.

ps: I dont mean to push you to buy from taobao, I just wanted to refer to the exact one I got. There are some on aliexpress too, reviews shows it is working as gen 4. (however I did not order from here)

Also one can download exact spec sheet from here: http://www.adtlink.cn/Uploads/download/ADT_R33UF-TU_4.0_3D.zip

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
Yah I am sure. Had trouble with Gen 3, as in previous build RTX3080 wont be recognized unless I plug directly or change pcie to gen 3 before using that cable.
But I used this same model, gen 4 and works. I cannot comment on bandwidth but built 2 PCs with it so far no issues. Also, this taoboa seller is very reputable and big number of reviews so it feels save.

ps: I dont mean to push you to buy from taobao, I just wanted to refer to the exact one I got. There are some on aliexpress too, reviews shows it is working as gen 4. (however I did not order from here)

Also one can download exact spec sheet from here: http://www.adtlink.cn/Uploads/download/ADT_R33UF-TU_4.0_3D.zip

Hope this helps :)

TYVM I'll bite. I already have an aliexpress account and got a few things from there so I'll do that.

UPDATE: trigger pulled thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: shadww and Kapsi

shadww

Cable Smoosher
Jul 12, 2021
Got the scythe kaze slim fans (12mm), and was testing in my setup if they will fit as top exhaust (note: that using those fans as intake, where fan shroud is facing the pc components, these fans can easily fit, and the top cover would close nicely).

now, to solve this skew in the top panel closing, I intentionally raised the fan fitting screws so the top panel is raised equally from all sides while still being magnetically attached.

I have to say, it is holding well even when moving.

@guniens tried to take some images, hope this helps:

Extra image:
As my MB (asrock b550 itx) supports only one m.2 slot, and I had extra spare laptop m.2 ssd, I fitted this m.2 enclosure inside the case (attached to sound io panel with double tape later).

Yes I am getting a lower USB3.0 speeds, but I feel it is a good additional storage if you have it lying around ><

owlP

Cable Smoosher
Nov 19, 2021
anyone found pcie 4 riser which u can install with normal 120x15 fans? i tried double reversed adt white 190mm but a bit longer after the screws
seems like only the original riser have somehow custom length, are zs planning to release good riser?

Zenjol

Efficiency Noob
Feb 7, 2022
anyone found pcie 4 riser which u can install with normal 120x15 fans? i tried double reversed adt white 190mm but a bit longer after the screws
seems like only the original riser have somehow custom length, are zs planning to release good riser?

I don't think ZS made a custom cable. They just have the ADT-Link double reverse PCI-e extender that they ship with the case. The only problem now is that the new PCI-e 4.0 versions of that extender have a little extra PCB on the GPU side. Pictures from ADT-Link website:

Pictures from ZS webshop:

I have been looking around if I can find an extender that is also double reversed, or even just reversed on GPU side (get slightly longer version and make the bend around on the motherboard side). So far no luck.

This case is so damn tight...

Zenjol

Efficiency Noob
Feb 7, 2022

There are a lot of sizes - 180, 185, 190, 193, 195 mm - maybe a different size would work? Trying to order PCIe4.0 for my v3.2 before it arrives.
I have given up. There seems to be a single PCB design used in every single 4.0 riser that is simply a bit wider than the 3.0 design. It's not the cable length that hinders the clearance.

The only thing I can think of is getting a non-reverse riser, not mounting the riser to the spine, but just mounting the card and sticking the unmounted riser in there. That sounds like a bad idea though, and might still not fit and interfere with the spine.

Experiences with PCI-e 4.0 cables seem to be pretty bad, with a lot of issues. On top of that, even if you get it working, even a 3090 doesn't see a clear performance benefit from the extra bandwidth. I don't think I will be getting a card that outperforms a 3090 in this case any time soon.

So I will be sticking to the 3.0 riser they offer with the case, which was only €20, fits perfectly and performs the same with current gen cards. Getting 4.0 is just future proofing something that is probably easier to figure out in the future.

Zenjol

Efficiency Noob
Feb 7, 2022
I also asked ZS support some questions, thought I'd share the answers here.

- You have mentioned multiple times that you guys want to ship the case disassembled in a flat form. Is this going to happen anytime soon?
Unfortunately it is not going to happen with this case.

- The PCI-e cable you offer is 3.0, and the 4.0 versions cause interference with the 15mm fan spot. Are there any solutions for this problem?
We do not offer PCIE 4.0 for the ZS A4 V3.2 case. 3.0 riser cable should not interfere with the 15mm fan as we have increase the height of the case in A4 V3.2 version.

- Are there other changes in the case design coming anytime soon, or do you feel like this is the final product?
This should be the final product, we do not have updates planned atm.

- I see you do not offer custom cables anymore. Is this coming back?
No custom cable is not available anymore