Enclosure Zalman X7 - a CASE of ultimate epic fail

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
I guess you are thinking: Why the heck is this person linking a video on the Zalman X7 - a full tower - on a forum for small form factor PCs?

Because there are so many people here designing their own cases, or designing cases for the enthusiast masses. So I post this here just to help you guys; to avoid making moronic mistakes. Making a full tower should be easy because there is so much space to work with. Minor mistakes in a full tower could be "fatal" for an SFF case. So avoiding such mistakes is a good start when making any case... It is mindblowing how a big company can be so... ignorant.

Enjoy!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I saw that video too, can't believe how bad the design is. I've read about a few other Zalman cases not being worth their money but $300 is a lot for a low quality case that's all about marketing and nothing about efficiency, technology or build quality.

bennyGrose

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2017
I'm so glad you posted this here. Especially for a community that so often sees the birth of new case ideas this video shows the absolute monumental importance attention to detail really is. Flashy ideas and advancements are great but this video really shows it all comes down to the execution.

Reactions: cmyk78

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It's mainly this frustration why many of us are here, we tend to have passionate opinions on badly designed cases after some community projects showed us what inspiration and passion can amount to. Considering this small living room that's supposed to be a case costs more than any of the excellent project cases daily being discussed here, it goes to show it's also not a financial issue.