Gigabyte Z590I AORUS ULTRA rev-1.0

ASRock Z590M-ITX/ax

Biostar Z590I VALKYRIE Ver. 5.0

Last edited:

Morgon

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 2, 2020
I still don't get why they're 2.5GbE LAN, when all the other Z590s are coming with 10GbE. If it's all the same chipset, what's the holdup?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
The network controller is not in the chipset, it's a seperate chip. I'm having trouble finding 10GbE on "all the other Z590s".

CluckyTaco

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
Any reason why ASUS left the party? Or are they just delaying ITX and Micro ATX this year like any other hardware release? Even MSI and Asrock have ITX boards coming.

Morgon

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 2, 2020
Reactions: Phuncz

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Intel still get the nice stuff/looks... If the Vision board came in black, I would consider getting it even if I have to somehow cool a 250W Intel CPU on it.

D

Deleted member 23607

Looks fun. Here's my analysis of the GIGABYTE boards FWIW:

Z590I Ultra is essentially the same as its older brother Z490I Ultra (as far as the official specs list at the time of writing) but with the following:

2 of the USB3 (3.2 Gen1, blue) are bumped up to USB 3.1 (3.2 Gen2, red).
Finned heatsink rather than the solid block. I'm also guessing there's going to be better VRMs.
I no longer see the TPM header. They may have eliminated it entirely.
"Better" antenna. Looks the same though. Wi-Fi RP-SMA plugs are also slightly moved, the rest of the rear panel I/O is the same.
AX200 Wi-Fi instead of AX201. Should mean no more CNVI lock, which is good for Hackintoshers (but that's a dying breed).

Z590I Vision has an unusual back port layout. Dual TB4 with a DPort In (no iGPU out except TB4), line in and line out audio only (and some USB + RP-SMA and LAN plug).
Seems roughly similar to the other two boards. I like how they kept the 4 fan headers.
Looks like there are two front panel power switch thingies? Not sure what that's about.
They did away with the second USB 2.0 header, a bit disappointing in my opinion.

Also, PCIe Gen4 for SSD and double chipset lanes on the newer boards.

Edit: Z590I Ultra has 10+1 phase vs Z490I which had 8+1, Vision specs are still not released

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phuncz

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
I love the colourway of the Biostar Z590I VALKYRIE Ver. 5.0. Reminds me of the Crinale/13th Racing/Devil out of Ridge Racer.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
This Z590 chipset will support the current 10th gen and the soon coming 11th gen CPU.
But then, 12th gen CPU is also coming, supposedly in H2 this year (!). I wonder, does this mean there will be Z690 as well. So, Alder Lake will only be 6 months after Rocket Lake-S.

Rhialto

Cable Smoosher
Dec 23, 2017
Dang, I've read ASUS was skipping this gen for ITX, hope it's not true and/or they will change their mind soon. Maybe a comment here can help?

Rhialto

Cable Smoosher
Dec 23, 2017
Well that could explain the skip... are my sons willing to wait that far for building their first PC? I would not bet on that.

CluckyTaco

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
That Alder lake would be released 2nd half of this year with the processors and motherboards available before 2022 is a pipe dream. I don't want to pay beta tester money for gen 1 ddr5. Seems like ASUS lost a lot of SFF customers this time around.

CluckyTaco

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
Someone asked on the PC world live stream and looks like ASUS was listening. Check the latest comment. I hope it'll more aesthetic than the Z490I Strix with the rainbow look.

Rhialto

Cable Smoosher
Dec 23, 2017
Someone asked on the PC world live stream and looks like ASUS was listening. Check the latest comment. I hope it'll more aesthetic than the Z490I Strix with the rainbow look.
Nice! I've replied to ASUS. Geesh, costly! I guess I will have to consider an AMD alternative too, I haven't looked at AMD for a long time but it seems they are in the game... and quite cheaper. Plan was to build 2 computers for my sons, maybe i7-11700K or the one below so I'll have to find out which AMD CPU it matches and see if we should go with X570 or B550 but we will sure wait for this ASUS board to then compare.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23607

That price is outrageous. Might as well get a C8I.

Unify is overpriced too. I expect all Z590 will be overpriced, not just MSI and ASUS this round about.