CPU You can buy it already: 11700K already in the wild, with benchmarks....in spite of NDAs

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Bit scary, with the unrestricted power draw and resulting temps this is going to be a tough one to cool and probably not very SFF friendly. You are definitely going to need to set power limits.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
Original poster
May 18, 2020
Bit scary, with the unrestricted power draw and resulting temps this is going to be a tough one to cool and probably not very SFF friendly. You are definitely going to need to set power limits.
Well, the power budget is mostly related to mainboard partners disabling the tau period....something they've been doing for a while.

The more sadly funny thing....even with tau disabled, the SKU still loses basically all non-AVX benchmarks to the 5800X. Question is what exactly normal MSRP is actually supposed to be. And, the elephant in the room, if there's any stock to even be able to buy.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It seems stock is not going to be a problem as it was already purchaseable before the review embargo was over, probably because of the 14nm process.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Seems like there's no point getting one over a 10700K or even 9900K...

I suppose the only reason to buy one of these will be when all the alternatives are out of stock.

Quango

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 6, 2019
I am waiting for a i5-11500 or a 11500T - since there is no quadcore version - to upgrade my DeskMini H470M-STX to enhance its graphics and media capabilities and using the rear M.2 Gen4 slot.

I will move the H470M-STX board into an Akasa Cypher ST V2, of which the upper lid can be removed so any cooler height can fit.