Cooling X570 Mobo w/ Alphenfohn Black Ridge

SaltyRonin

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jan 30, 2020
Can anyone confirm which X570 motherboards can support the Alphenfohn Black Ridge? Im considering the aorus pro wifi but want to make sure it will fit before I purchase.

Andpetr

Cable Smoosher
Feb 19, 2020
Hi, I just happened to install a Black Ridge on a Aorus I Pro Wifi. It won’t fit with the stock fan put below the radiator. Anyway, if you have clearance above, it will fit with the fan put on top of the radiator (I put a Noctua 120x15, which is also a better option and it fitted in a SilverStone RVZ02).

swooby

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2021
Hi, I just happened to install a Black Ridge on a Aorus I Pro Wifi. It won’t fit with the stock fan put below the radiator. Anyway, if you have clearance above, it will fit with the fan put on top of the radiator (I put a Noctua 120x15, which is also a better option and it fitted in a SilverStone RVZ02).
I am just starting the journey of building an AMD based ITX setup inside of my existing Intel (i7-7700K on Z270i) based DAN A4 SFX case.
This will be my first ever AMD build so I am new to AMD jargon, especially the CPU and chipset model numbers, but I'm beginning to catch on.

Might the Black Ridge with bottom mounted fan fit on the GB X570 Aorus I Pro Wifi if the mobo shroud can be removed?
Might 120mm fan then also fit?