Discussion Would adding a top hat onto ghost S1 MKII make it compatible with EVGA RTX3080 Hybrid?

Elliotw

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Feb 18, 2021
I am wondering if anyone has run a hybrid card before on a Ghost S1 using a tophat? Seems like it could be a good way to get these newer generation cards in these SFF cases at good noise and heat levels. One thing that worries me is the length of the hoses. They look to be way too long.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
They will have long tubing but one of the biggest problems is the tubing comes out the top of the GPU which is going to run into the radiator, going to be a tough install.

hymenopus_coronatus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 28, 2021
I've seen someone using one, I'd recommend trying it before using a Kraken G12 (not sure if that works with 30 series either). Let me try to find the build.

Elliotw

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Feb 18, 2021
Following up with a necro update lol.
Picked up a EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3($650) now that GPU prices are back to reality.
Ran into some differences between the build posted above.
So MKII S1 the GPU is mounted 2.5mm higher then MKIII S1 and my RTX 3080 hyrbid FTW3 has 3 power connectors instead of 2. Those 2 delta means that my MKII S1 wont work for this build. Luckily MKIII are 50% on AMZN so I bought one.

I think the MKII with the original 3080(2 power connectors) would work. But the 3 power connector runs into interference with the hoses out of the radiator. The top grill just barely doesnt close so that 2.5mm also coming into play for the delta between MKII and MKIII S1s.

Elliotw

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Feb 18, 2021
Clarification:
GPU I bought is a EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Hybrid(I didnt note it as a hybrid above)