Louqe Ghost S1 / ASUS ROG Strix X570-I / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X / EVGA GeForce RTX2080 Super / Corsair Vengeance LPX

MiRi

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Mar 11, 2020
Hi!

First post on the forum after nearly learning all relevant posts by heart. ?
Relevant = Louqe Ghost S1 builds.

Well, here's my planned build:
  • Louqe Ghost S1 MkII Limestone
  • Corsair SF750
  • ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 8x 3.60GHz, boxed
  • Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4 (and for styler purposes ? replaced with: Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap)
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX black DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR4-3200, CL16-18-18-36
  • Corsair Force Series Gen.4 PCIe MP600 1TB, M.2 (System)
  • Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB, M.2 (Data)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Black Gaming
Now, here all of you come into play. I got some questions, where serious answers (no guess work here, please ?) would be highly appreciated.
  1. The system shall work air-cooled, no AIO. Plus, no top hats. Maybe one or two Noctua 15mm or 25mm at the bottom to blow out hot air and to generate a pull effect on the side panels. What Noctua do you recommend for the bottom of the housing? Will two pieces fit?

2. I read so much about the Noctua NH-L12S and that it needs to be bent to fit (as seen here), but one thing I could not make out: Will it fit AT ALL into the ASUS ROG Strix X570-I? I mean there are so many high parts on the X570-I that may stand in the way. Has anybody bent the NH-L12S in a ASUS ROG Strix X570-I to fit with Corsair LPX RAM? Additional remark: Dismounting the motherboard's M.2 Cooler is NOT an option because...

3. I want to make use of the ASUS ROG Strix X570-I built-in M.2 cooler and remove the cooler of the Corsair Force Series Gen.4 PCIe MP600 1TB. What's your opinion?
    Generally speaking: Is the MP600 Gen.4 worth it - compared to a 970 EVO / Plus?

4. Now, to the point I was absolutely unable to get serious information about. Even ASUS told me to contact the case manufacturer (and we all know how FILL-NEGATIVE-ADJECTIVE-IN-HERE Louqe's support is). Initially, I wanted to use the Corsair MP600 on the motherboard's backside M.2 slot as well. But I fear that the M.2-SSD's 15mm height will not fit or at least it will get ? because it is sandwiched between the graphics card backside and the motherboard. So I would go for the 970 EVO / Plus(?) - still fearing overheating the M.2-SSD. What do you think? What would you rather go for?
Thanks a lot for any helpful suggestions!
MiRi.