World record 9900K OC in SFF case, normal ambient, run stable?

LegoFab

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 11, 2019
To the one who love OC,
My question is what is World record 9900K OC in SFF case, normal ambient, air or water cooling only, run stable?
Normal ambient means ~20C degree.
Run stable means can run 100% in at least 20 min, temperature not over 90C degree.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
What's your definition of SFF?

(~14L) A larger case like the loque ghost or Ncase m1 could probably hit the maximum potential of a 9990k with a custom loop, 5.3ghz+ would probably be possible

(4-5L) Any case using an l9i, c7 or other LP cooler (S4m, hahutzy style cases, etc.) will hit stock speed in the best case scenario

(6-7L) A Dancase could probably run mid to high 4.x ghz using a 92mm aio, and a sentry could do a similar job while using a 120mm aio

Custom projects involving small loops like mine (2x92mm radiator, 5.6L case) could probably hit 5ghz+ on a good chip

NeoConker

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2017
Besides the size, whats the kind of load is the 100%?

On Prime95 AVX and OCCT I think is impossible, even with a bigger rad, it's too much heat to get rid off in so short time and little area avaliable.

Another benchs, like AIDA, CB R15/R20, CPU-Z, etc is not that hard. Games like Apex, MK11, SOTB, Division 2, PUBG are easy.

By the way, RPCS 3 (PS3 emulator running Demon Souls) and Cemu (Wiiu emulator running Zelda BOW) are heavier than most triple AAA games.

I'm using a 280mm rad with Vardar fans on a moded A60, at 5ghz, the only tests that exceed 70° C (easily) are Prime95 and OCCT.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Do you have a build log for this? Sounds interesting! ;)
On hiatus rn as my x299e-itx is dead and the Vega nano hates my universal GPU block. A build log probably isn't a bad idea though, maybe I'll start one ;) So far I've mostly just shared my progress on the gamers nexus discord and made the occasional imgur post

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
On hiatus rn as my x299e-itx is dead and the Vega nano hates my universal GPU block. A build log probably isn't a bad idea though, maybe I'll start one ;) So far I've mostly just shared my progress on the gamers nexus discord and made the occasional imgur post

Oh man, I love this! It's basically parts strapped together, with a shell attached XD

For the issue with the PSU cables blocking the RAM, perhaps it's worth looking at a custom FlexATX unit from Taobao - some of those offer modular connectors these days, so you can use custom length cables.

Reactions: Damascus

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Oh man, I love this! It's basically parts strapped together, with a shell attached XD

For the issue with the PSU cables blocking the RAM, perhaps it's worth looking at a custom FlexATX unit from Taobao - some of those offer modular connectors these days, so you can use custom length cables.
Not a big concern tbh, as I figured out how to make it tuck away into the pcie slot. I also don't want to abandon my psu after how much I've spent on it :[