Discussion What Setup Options for on-the-go VESA mount Portable Monitors

liverpoole

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 3, 2024
I just got one of these (in the link below) and and it has a VESA mount on the back.
Any idea of mobile / on the go setup VESA options to mount this when traveling or in a hotel working / playing

prideauxdc

Chassis Packer
Sep 22, 2023
Very nice. I am looking for a decent portable monitor that also has VESA mount so I can bring my machine wherever (currently have a Dan A4 and a ZS A4DC). VESA because I don’t want too many thing, so if my main monitor can also be my portable monitor that is great 👍

Crows Bluff Design

Case Bender
CrowsBluffDesign
New User
Feb 29, 2024
If you don't specifically need to use the VESA, there are tons of folding, portable tablet stands available that could be used.

Nilithium

Chassis Packer
Jul 6, 2023
While this won't be as useful for most machines, if you machine has Thunderbolt USB-C you can usually get away with all-in-one USB-C cable solution. The ThinkVision M14t is a 14" monitor that can be had for $150 on Ebay and features a touch screen 14" panel with USB passthrough.

Reactions: prideauxdc

HWI

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2022
My monitor isn't VESA compatible, but it uses a 1/4-20 socket like a camera mount. I use a magnetic mount that I stick to the top of my Velka 5. I imagine there is something similar out there for VESA.

This is the one I use:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: prideauxdc