NUC systems?

rahl07

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 28, 2017
Hey everybody, I'm new to posting here. I trolled for a week or two to get familiar.

Basically, I was looking at building an ITX system in an LZ7 enclosure; but once I got it priced out, I was pretty deep into four figure territory for a box the size of a football. I could probably get this cost down with some compromises in the hardware department.

I saw a build log on watercooling the Skull Canyon NUC, and wanted to see what the input is on such a system.

Most of what I do - 95% - is play older games like TES, WoW, and a pile of steam titles and use 3D software like Solidworks and Pro-E. I like the idea of the Skull Canyon because I could VESA mount it to the back of one of my monitors (I'd be looking at a 2 or 3 screen setup).

Thanks!

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
Maybe hades canyon with its vega graphics. I had the skull canyon nuc and it would barely run wow at 1080p. We’re talking like setting 3 and 20-30 FPS and just choppy as stuttery as hell.

Reactions: rahl07

rahl07

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 28, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like Hades will also have 2x HDMI out, which is what I'd prefer instead of the mixed bag on the Hell. I'll do some more digging. I'd be buying this sometime around April/May probably.