Accessory What do you think this length is?

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jan 1, 2017
It's a SATA to M.2 adapter. I'm 99% sure it's the same 76.6mm distance as the mounting holes on the bottom of 2.5" SSD's. But i'm not 100% sure, so i thought i'd ask you guys.

What do you think this length is?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I'm a bad judge of length, but I'd say about eight inches

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jan 1, 2017
Well, you have 30mm, 42mm, 60mm, & 80mm markings right below, so...

Uh huh, that's a great deduction ability you have there. I already knew it was close to 80mm, the problem is is if i'm even half a mm off it doesn't mount in the holes i'm making. Which is the whole point of the question.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Uh huh, that's a great deduction ability you have there. I already knew it was close to 80mm, the problem is is if i'm even half a mm off it doesn't mount in the holes i'm making. Which is the whole point of the question.

Which is why I noted the markings, they provide a perfect scale to measure the hole spacing you are looking at...

And if it is such a critical measurement, I would suggest not drilling holes until you have the actual physical part to reference...

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I'm a simple man but ... If no manual is available I'd just say "buy it and measure ?" :D

Especially if it's a generic product. You could well receive something that is slightly different than the one on the picture.