Cooling What are the best 92mm High Static Low-ish Noise Fans for CCD MI-6?

thel3igo

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
I am planning on doing a build in the CCD MI-6 (once it arrives in a couple of months) as follows:
CPU: R5 1600X/R7 1800X
Cooler: C7 Cu
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 (the tiny one)
PSU: Corsair SF 450/600 Platinum

There are two topics here I would appreciate help with:
  1. I have been looking for an aftermarket 92mm cooling fan to mount on the C7 Cu in lieu of its box fan. Based on the dimensions of the case and my own measurements on the C7, I can fit a fan up to 25mm thick fan in addition to the ducts I laser cut. I have heard the Nocuta NF-A9 is a good fan, but based on it's specs it would have too little static pressure to match the box fan of the C7 Cu. I have searched for other fans and based on their specs they would be as or more loud than the box fan (Cooler Master Blade Master 92), not powerful enough or no data (that I could find) on their static pressure (Arctic F9), or fans that are discontinued/ have inconsistent specs (Titan Extreme 92mm fan). Based on my proposed build, what would the best fan for the job be? Secondary, what would be the best fan for the job and match a black/red/orange color scheme?
  2. I plan to mount a 92mm slim fan in the bottom of the case to pull in outside air. I had similar difficulties finding a good match as I did with the CPU cooling fan. What would be the best fan for the job? Secondary, what would be the best fan for the job and match a black/red/orange color scheme?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I am planning on doing a build in the CCD MI-6 (once it arrives in a couple of months) as follows:
CPU: R5 1600X/R7 1800X
Cooler: C7 Cu
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 (the tiny one)
PSU: Corsair SF 450/600 Platinum

There are two topics here I would appreciate help with:
  1. I have been looking for an aftermarket 92mm cooling fan to mount on the C7 Cu in lieu of its box fan. Based on the dimensions of the case and my own measurements on the C7, I can fit a fan up to 25mm thick fan in addition to the ducts I laser cut. I have heard the Nocuta NF-A9 is a good fan, but based on it's specs it would have too little static pressure to match the box fan of the C7 Cu. I have searched for other fans and based on their specs they would be as or more loud than the box fan (Cooler Master Blade Master 92), not powerful enough or no data (that I could find) on their static pressure (Arctic F9), or fans that are discontinued/ have inconsistent specs (Titan Extreme 92mm fan). Based on my proposed build, what would the best fan for the job be? Secondary, what would be the best fan for the job and match a black/red/orange color scheme?
  2. I plan to mount a 92mm slim fan in the bottom of the case to pull in outside air. I had similar difficulties finding a good match as I did with the CPU cooling fan. What would be the best fan for the job? Secondary, what would be the best fan for the job and match a black/red/orange color scheme?

I'm using a Yate Loon 92mm slim fan I got from @Thehack store, only black slim 92mm fan I was able to find. Not PWM so you need voltage control or it can be a bit loud.

Has a nice black sleeved cable and looks good in the MI-6.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
i have a few gentle typhoon 92mm fans. thinking about parting with them. let me know if you're interested.

edit: they're 25mm thick.

Last edited: