Discussion Watercooling options for ITX 2070

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jun 9, 2020
I'm curious if any one has had any luck water cooling a ITX 2070. I have a MSI Aero card that I'm interested in using with an Acat S1 (similar to a CCD Mi-6 ). Realizing that a clone case isn't the most kosher of options, but the Mi-6 is discontinued this is really the only option in this form factor. I was planning on getting the top hat that will allow for a 120mm aio. I'm really interested in setting it up to exhaust out the top through the rad and may be able to use a 92mm fan on the bottom for additional updraft airflow. The CPU cooler height is enough to fit an AXP-100 or similar that should be adequate to cool the 3950X I'm going to use, but I'm somewhat curious to see if there are any options that might work for the GPU to be watercooled. I'm not insanely familiar with custom loops and already have a 120mm AIO that I can use and wanted to see if there were any options that might work with a somewhat out of the box solution.

I've seen a few videos by Gamers Nexus that use CPU waterblocks on the RTX 20 series cards to mount an AIO straight to the GPU die and was somewhat considering that option. The airflow should be enough to help with the VRMS, and will probably go for some copper heatsinks just in case, but not sure of how viable this kind of config is in the long run.

Also, If anyone knows of a similar case that can use one of the 210ishmm Zotac mini cards, that would also be of interest as I could just use a modified G12 and skip the Frankenstein itx card altogether.