Watercooling my Ghost with AIO, need input on options

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Aug 9, 2018
Hello, dear oracles!

I've ordered some tophats for my new toy (lovely case), as I want to watercool the CPU: Sporting a Ryzen 2600X atm, but will totally upgrade once the 3xxx series hits the market :)

Afaik I know I have 3 options, and I'll get either a Rog Ryuo 120mm or 240mm. Keep in mind I'm a total novice when it comes to water! :p

1. Medium tophat (bottom) with a 120mm AIO and a Noctua under the PSU, Dan A4-style. Will also fit a Noctua under the motherboard, to get some airflow up to the VRMs. Also getting taller rubber feet under case, to improve airflow into the case. This is my favourite option, as the large tophat kinda ruins the looks of the case a little (imho).

2. Large tophat with a 240mm AIO at bottom. Will this perform _much_ better than alternative one?

3. Large tophat on top of the build. This is my least preferred option, but I've read _on the internet_ that pump ideally should be placed lower than the radiator. I don't find this aesteticially pleasing at all, so this is only done if the benefits are really great.

I've also read that the included Asus software is kinda bad for controlling temps, as it don't register the CPU temp properly. Is there a better alternative?

Thanks a lot!