Was looking for the hardware discussion but saw this first, so... :)

Have been reading the board a little in the past couple of weeks while I planned my new Ryzen HTPC build. Now that that's (mostly) done and I've become quite smitten, you could say, with SFF, I figured I should sign up & add some give to the take.

So, Hi. I'm an NZer originally, now living in Amsterdam. working professionally in IT: Infrastructure Engineer/Solutions integration/etc. Have been building PCs at home for quite some time, as much as I can remember my own units it would be:
PIII-500@866
Athlon Tbird 1ghz@1.5
Athlon 1.5@1.8
Then got more drawn to laptops + a big storage locker, so storage server on Windows for close to a decade on an Athlon and then E6600 with LSI Raid in a CM Stacker 830. Now moved to a small QNAP, R5 4x8tb.

HTPCs were CM Cavalier, then D.vine 5, recently been using a basic Lenovo laptop + pro dock which has its advantages. Turns out it won't handle 2160p h.265 though, so, hence the current research.
Haven't done much in the way of SFF before. Was never too much a fan of the cube FF, however I do love me some hifi-looking pieces. In fact I've gone and ordered three extra cases for this build because I liked all of them and couldn't decide which I preferred. :p

I'm thinking I'll probably end up building them all up and selling off the one(s) I decide not to keep.

Was a member of HWC for a long time, also an overclocking board back in the days and I remember we used to have a semi-feud with [H], that was some fun. :) Seti/Genome/Folding etc all along the way as well.

So that's me in a nutshell, hope we can help each other out or at least have some fun doing it :)

Oh, guess I should add my current build.

ASRock AB350 ITX
Ryzen 2200G
Noctua L9
Samsung 960 Evo
8gb Corsair LPX 3200Mhz
Case: google 'MW-100 itx' it's an OEM model sold by various brands.

Reactions: Phuncz

a13antichrist

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 20, 2018
Upcoming projects:

As mentioned above, as I've over-bought pieces here and there during the course of this build, I will likely be doing a couple more builds in the near future. They would be in the following cases:

MS-Tech CI-70
Tendraw H116 (silver)
Partaker HT610
(all googleable)

My thinking is one more Ryzen, an i3-8100 and probably an 8100t for the fun of it at some point too. Have bought M.2 Samsungs but also have a couple of SATA SSDs in 2.5" lying around so hopefully I convince myself to put those to good use; not at all a given since the 960 Evo in my current build is ridiculous overkill......

Reactions: IntoxicatedPuma