Vendor Support Changes

Hey folks!

First up: SFF Network has moved to 'new' ownership. Due to other commitments, PlayfulPhoenix will no longer be holding the reigns, so please direct any questions to myself (or the moderation team). SFF Workshop Limited (NZ) is now the legal entity under which SFF.n operates, instead of Minutiae Media LLC (USA). If you currently hold a subscription, please cancel it in due time, and re-subscribe if you wish, with our new PayPal details (we can't transfer the existing PayPal account). DM me for more information if required. You won't lose any sub time you've already paid for :)

We've also added a few more channels in the SFFn Discord Server :)

First of all, some incoming changes:
Subscriber tier and perk changes!
Merch store relaunch!
Podcast!
More social media stuff!

Now to the meat of this post:

This was shared to our vendors a couple of weeks back.
We're rebuilding the way we interact and support vendors on SFF Network. First of all, we're removing the Silver Subscription requirement for vendors. No subscription will be required for basic Vendor access! (Keep in mind, a Bronze or higher is still required to post new threads in the Trade Subforum). However, we will be requiring more information to verify a Vendor, and will be requiring Vendors to be active, communicate well, and most of all, support our community members with their purchases.

Free (no subscription) access for a Verified Vendor: includes access to the Workshop Subforum, and a dedicated Subforum under "Vendors and Manufacturers" and a dedicated channel in our Discord Guild/Server (upon request!) This subforum will enable Vendors to provide support for their products and a place for them to show off their new products.

However, it is important we continue to fund the website with subscriptions, advertising and sponsorships.
To provide for this, Vendors get extras as part of the existing Subscription tiers (which will also be reworked soon)

• Bronze Subscription - News posts when Vendors launch a product, including an announcement as a notice at the top of the forum, and sharing across our social media properties
  • Silver Tier - All previous, plus; Addition of moderation abilities in the Vendor's subforum - opening, closing, editing posts and threads from other users. Higher ranking of the subforum within the "Vendors and Manufacturers" subforum (which will otherwise be alphabetical order)
  • Gold Tier - All previous, plus; a dedicated trade subforum within the Vendor's subforum for their products, any random stuff they wish to sell, and ability for (Bronze sub or higher) regular members to resell the Vendor's product within the subforum.
  • Platinum Tier - All previous plus; Custom advertising campaigns across the website and social media.
Keep in mind, the above perks will be removed if a Vendor cancels their subscription. The Vendor will not lose Vendor Status, however. Another requirement we will look to implement is activity. Inactive vendors will have their subforums moved to the bottom of the list.

We've also removed Google AdSense across the website, with an eye to curated campaigns only.

Any feedback? Ideas for subscriber perks? Let us know!

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Just tried to cancel my PP sub next due 30th of July and I encountered a PP error...

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Cancel old subs via paypal then re-sub?
Just tried to cancel my PP sub next due 30th of July and I encountered a PP error...
Ha ha, PP error!

Joking aside I had to cancel within PP, butI cant seem to reset it in the forum software.

Reactions: bezout

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Yep, went into PayPal and tried to cancel the minutiae sub and that's where I got the error 😫.
I'll try again tomorrow, its not like it's too late for July 30th

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Cancel old subs via paypal then re-sub?

Ha ha, PP error!

Joking aside I had to cancel within PP, butI cant seem to reset it in the forum software.
You can't resub until your current subscription lapses, if I remember correctly. (this will happen at the end of the period that was paid for)

I can manually remove it if you want, but I'd rather folks not pay extra!

Reactions: Goatee and Arboreal

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Yep, went into PayPal and tried to cancel the minutiae sub and that's where I got the error 😫.
I'll try again tomorrow, its not like it's too late for July 30th
If you encounter the error again, I can cancel it from this end. I could do this for all, but I'd rather users not panic when they get a sudden cancellation email!

Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Thanks John, if it doesn't work tomorrow I'll take it up with PP when I get back from holiday in a week.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Tried on a different PC that happened to be running firefox rather than chrome and I was able to cancel the sub fine.
Round 2 tomorrow, re subscribe on the new system

Reactions: rfarmer