GPU VEGA NANO

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016

The official AMD video will be uploaded within 24 hours

AMD already has ~8-12 videos up from a few hours ago on their youtube page. A lot of the marketing BS but not a lot of info that I was looking for. Hopefully there is more when I check in the morning.

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
Supposing its Vega 56 (the lowest vega so far), its gonna be 210W... I really hope they tweak that. Otherwise its a huge no no for HDPlex users.

Reactions: Cayprol

ECHO

Trash Compacter
Dec 3, 2016
Supposing its Vega 56 (the lowest vega so far), its gonna be 210W... I really hope they tweak that. Otherwise its a huge no no for HDPlex users.
Being the new owner of a HDPlex 400 - and new to SFF in general - couldn't it still cope, given a 400w AC/DC adaptor?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Out of curiosity, is there much zoom available on the original of this photo of the Nano? My thoughts are that the product name/info on those stickers might reveal a lot more information about the card. Any chance on a CSI-style enhancement of the stickers?

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Out of curiosity, is there much zoom available on the original of this photo of the Nano? My thoughts are that the product name/info on those stickers might reveal a lot more information about the card. Any chance on a CSI-style enhancement of the stickers?

It's just a physical mock-up and not an actual RX Nano card. Chris said they are still working through the configuration of the GPU chip; stream processor/computer unit count is still TBD at this point. As mentioned in the news post, they are designing for a 150W power envelope between the GPU and memory.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Fingers crossed that vega nano won't have crasy high power peak as its big sister r9 nano.

We still don't from r9 nano experience if it was linked to hbm.

Now above vega nano annoucement, with limited tdp, i wonder what performance it could achieve...i have a bad feeling it would be like gtx 1070...and even worse, it could be similar to first r9 nano? Either way i' fearing the worst for this vega nano...but let's see first benches..:)

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Gonna call it now, the RX Vega Nano will be an more cut down version of the Vega GPU...

I am thinking, with the 150w TDP they are shooting for, this is going to be a RX Vega 48 Nano...?

I might just have to go with the stock RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooled GPU & throw a Cooler Master MasterLiquid 120 AIO on the Ryzen R7 1700...

I hope my Corsair SF600 SFX PSU is up to the task...!