Using Glue Gun on PCI E extender.

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
Hot glue isn't conductive as far as I know so I can't imagine it would hurt it, I've seen it used in Pi projects and other breadboard activities for the same purpose of insulation and protection.

kaffi

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Hot glue isn't conductive as far as I know so I can't imagine it would hurt it, I've seen it used in Pi projects and other breadboard activities for the same purpose of insulation and protection.
Awesome yeah im going to hope it lets it last longer. I used it to repair soder new headphone jacks to my headphones but i just wanted to make sure there aren't any long term implications that come with using it. I care more about the extenders than the headphone

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I imagine it'd be an upgrade and help in two ways - minimise the bending stresses by moving the bend point away from the solder joints, as well as acting as a form of strain relief to assist the riveted strips.

kaffi

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
I imagine it'd be an upgrade and help in two ways - minimise the bending stresses by moving the bend point away from the solder joints, as well as acting as a form of strain relief to assist the riveted strips.
o whoa, the legend. Thanks for the affirmation ill do it after i confirm the strip works. I actually noticed that the glue was coming off when i was testing the flexibility thats when i thought of the idea.

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
The only thing I'd caution with this is heat. I had some LED replacement lights in my car that used hot glue to keep wires in place that on a hot summer day caused the glue to soften and melt/drip. Should be fine as long as your case doesn't get too hot but wanted to share that just in case

Reactions: cmyk78