Concept [UPDATE 04.30] LYNX S Series: A Cylinder Mighter on the Ground. 12.5L & 14.9L vertical case with water cooling and full-size graphics card.

LYNX Case

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 3, 2021

Hello, and welcome!

I am industrial designer and graduated during the Pandemic. Here is the first project on compact ITX case, a series of vertical cylinder ITX case.

We have been working on it since 2019, and during past two years, lots of modifications and several prototypes have been done.

That we definitely put our passion in there. Since we decided to crowdfunding this project, we want to hear your suggestion and comment.

Your feedback is very important to us. And we will have more to show you through the pre-funding period.

For LYNX S Series, we will have 3 products in two sizes when we launch, which are the S12T, S12H, and S14H.

S12T is designed for the turbofan graphics card with a closed enclosure.

And S12H and S14H are designed for the open-air graphics card with ventilation enclosure.

For the spec, all LYNX S Series support:

ITX Motherboard

SFX or SFX-L Power Supply

Up to 4 2.5'' Hard Drive

S12T and S12H also support:

12.5L size with dimension: 324mm*220mm*220mm

120mm Water Cooling with 80mm (3.15'') clearance for radiator and fans

270mm 2 slots Graphics Card (Turbofan for S12T and Open-air for S12H)

S14H supports:

14.9L size with dimension: 354mm*230mm*230mm

120mm Water Cooling with 100mm (4.33'') clearance for radiator and fans

300mm 2.5 slots Graphics Card

We expected to show you some prototype we did in mid of may. (One of those is in delivery) So stay tuned!!!

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com

Hello, and welcome!

I am industrial designer and graduated during the Pandemic. Here is the first project on compact ITX case, a series of vertial cylinder ITX case.

We have been working on it since 2019, and during past two years, lots of modifictions and several prototypes have been done.

That we definitly put our passion in there. Since we decided to crowedfunding this project, we want to hear your suggestion and comment.

Your feedback is very important to us. And we will have more to show you in every week until the campaign starts.

Interesting. Reminds me a bit of the Cryoric Ola.

Can you share a little bit more info here and maybe some pictures of the prototypes you made? That would be helpful to give some feedback. ;)

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

Hello, and welcome!

I am industrial designer and graduated during the Pandemic. Here is the first project on compact ITX case, a series of vertial cylinder ITX case.

We have been working on it since 2019, and during past two years, lots of modifictions and several prototypes have been done.

That we definitly put our passion in there. Since we decided to crowedfunding this project, we want to hear your suggestion and comment.

Your feedback is very important to us. And we will have more to show you in every week until the campaign starts.

Like what Revoccases mentioned, try to write some specs here, or if you really have to use video, please let the text stay longer than 3 seconds so we can read them without needing to click the pause button every second.

LYNX Case

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Interesting. Reminds me a bit of the Cryoric Ola.

Can you share a little bit more info here and maybe some pictures of the prototypes you made? That would be helpful to give some feedback. ;)
Hi, Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, we will have more information on Friday. Need some time to work on the details and graphic design.

Also, where is the place or button I can revised and update more information in the thread. I am first time posting. Could you help me on that?

LYNX Case

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Like what Revoccases mentioned, try to write some specs here, or if you really have to use video, please let the text stay longer than 3 seconds so we can read them without needing to click the pause button every second.

I agree with you. Originally we just have the video to give a peek about our concept on the first update and more details on Friday. Seems like it will be better to have more information to present.

Also, Could you help me where is the place or button I can revised and update more information in the thread? This is my first time posting on SFF.

LYNX Case

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
For LYNX S Series, we will have 3 products in two sizes when we launch, which are the S12T, S12H, and S14H.

S12T is designed for the turbofan graphics card with a closed enclosure.

And S12H and S14H are designed for the open-air graphics card with ventilation enclosure.

For the spec, all LYNX S Series support:

ITX Motherboard

SFX or SFX-L Power Supply

Up to 4 2.5'' Hard Drive

S12T and S12H also support:

120mm Water Cooling with 80mm (3.15'') clearance for radiator and fans

270mm 2 slots Graphics Card (Turbofan for S12T and Open-air for S12H)

S14H supports:

120mm Water Cooling with 100mm (4.33'') clearance for radiator and fans

300mm 2.5 slots Graphics Card

We are currently working on the details and graphic design, so there will be more to show on Friday. Stay Tuned!

Reactions: robinpfeiffer

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

I agree with you. Originally we just have the video to give a peek about our concept on the first update and more details on Friday. Seems like it will be better to have more information to present.

Also, Could you help me where is the place or button I can revised and update more information in the thread? This is my first time posting on SFF.

My 2c; when designing a video (or a powerpoint presentation), generally you'd want to slow down on the sections containing text. If you really want to make the transition that fast, omit details because it might require people to read/see slowly.

After certain number of post you should be able to see Edit button on your posts.

LYNX Case

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
My 2c; when designing a video (or a powerpoint presentation), generally you'd want to slow down on the sections containing text. If you really want to make the transition that fast, omit details because it might require people to read/see slowly.

After certain number of post you should be able to see Edit button on your posts.

Maybe I should give a pause kind of thing before information disappears. I was trying to mimic some movie advertisements which has quick translation at the end, but it doesn’t work on this one.

Thank you a lot! I give this video to some of my friends but none of them mentioned about this critical part. That is really important suggestion!

kesar

Efficiency Noob
Apr 29, 2021
Hello, just looked at this concept and I am absolutely amazed!! Said that there would be more updates, but last post was on april 13. Is this dead or is it still up? I'm really looking forward to it

kesar

Efficiency Noob
Apr 29, 2021
Saw the update on April 18, and just wondering, when you say 'coming soon' do you have an idea of when this will be ready for consumers?

LYNX Case

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Saw the update on April 18, and just wondering, when you say 'coming soon' do you have an idea of when this will be ready for consumers?
Hi, thank you for interested in LYNX!

I was out of state before, so there is no update last week, and We just update some new image to show the features and accessories. Hope you will like it.

We are planning to launch the project Q2 2021 and product delivered Q3 2021 at latest. the expectation dates are varies due to the paper work from IRS. We are waiting for them to issue the new EINs, and they are experience some delays due to the pandemic. Once all the paper works are ready, and we are ready to launch.

amundsen

Caliper Novice
Aug 1, 2018
Hello, this is an interesting design. I like the idea of having the outputs on top. I have opened a related thread recently: Cases with motherboard outputs oriented to top?

IHMO the main reasons to set the outputs on top are:
1. A fast access to them in order to plug and unplug cables easily. Many builds are shown only with a mouse and keyboard but I need to often plug USB drives as well as other USB devices. Therefore a case designed from start with the idea of having a nice aesthetics without a top cover would be nice. One would use a cover only during transportation - or a special one only protecting from dust without blocking the access to the outputs?
2. The possibility of orienting the cables in different directions (front, back, left, right...), which is sometimes complicated when the outputs are on the back. So I'd set several cutouts on the side to let the cables go through rather than a single one.

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
No love for air cooling?

What is the max cooler height? And can it be increased by placing the PSU at the bottom?

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Very nice case, but the way you have the AIO positioned will cause issues.

Reactions: ten13th