Two picopsu and single power brick dell, how to connect them?

Sim567

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 8, 2017
Hello,
I have a Dell power bank from 330w 19v, but now I miss the picopsu part that from what I saw should be the smallest already adapted. I had already calculated to use two since I have not found it powerful enough for my configuration, one to be dedicated only to the gpu the other to the rest of the system.
Reading on the forum I found two models, the z4 200w, I read that many had problems, or the hdplex 160w v4. does it create a lot of heat to have two? Currently I do not have additional fans if not the three fundamental of cpu, gpu, and sfx power supply (even if it is temporary)
It is not clear to me if there may be stability problems due to the two equipment, and if to have only one connector on the case to power both just split the cables or do something else to keep them turned on, I saw that you should put a wire on two pins on purpose but the rest is not clear to me.
The configuration is a ryzen 5 1600 (80 watts currently according to hwmonitor taken at 3.8ghz) and a zotac 1060 mini 6gb, a ssd m2 and very likely a 2.5 "hdd.
Do you have any advice on picopsu and how to make connections without burning everythingXD?
Thanks
https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-160w-dc-atx-power-supply-16v-24v-wide-range-voltage-input.html

I apologize for any errors but I do not speak natively English.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I think this MIGHT work:

http://www.add2psu.com

Since I resell the HDPlex 160W unit I have to stress that I have not tried one of these nor have the people at HDPlex. To use this would be completely at your own risk.

Sim567

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 8, 2017
Of that I had already read, but having an additional card in which the pico is attached is inconvenient and limiting in the positioning. I had found this thread with an adapter, or better to connect the two pins of one to the other:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/simple-dual-pico-psu-set-up.552/
And it seems to me the ideal in terms of comfort and possible positioning.
But it is not clear to me whether both the 2 cables that come out of the pico are both connected to a jack to power them, or only one is connected.
and if they were both connected, just split the cables immediately after the external jack, welding the two polarities together?
What version of hdplex did you have? Did you try others too or does that remain the best for the 19v?

Sim567

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 8, 2017
I think this MIGHT work:

http://www.add2psu.com

Since I resell the HDPlex 160W unit I have to stress that I have not tried one of these nor have the people at HDPlex. To use this would be completely at your own risk.
I saw that a new version of the HD plex with 2 pins called PS-ON Ground Jumper, is needed to directly connect a power button to the picopsu? I asked the site and they say that the difference is only that, but from the image the capacitors seem different. Change something?

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
They could have changed the capacitor supplier, layout (physical configuration) while leaving the overall topology of the circuitry unchanged to make it easier to use or to improve cost margin or manufacturing efficiency.

Sim567

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 8, 2017
They could have changed the capacitor supplier, layout (physical configuration) while leaving the overall topology of the circuitry unchanged to make it easier to use or to improve cost margin or manufacturing efficiency.
What I also thought, and therefore theoretically remains the same or maybe improve a little bit that depends on the capacitors. It remains to me to understand how to have only one power plug, if you just need to join the cables or do I have to do anything else? Then I could make the order, which would be $ 111 (with a discount for the purchase of two) that are about 90 euros. And I do not think there is something better or more powerful.