Power Supply dual PicoPsu

jakkis

Case Bender
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
First, sorry for my bad english but bare with me. Im doing a custom itx build and i have problems fitting sfx sized psu into the case. So would i be able to run the setup with two 160w pico psus?
components would be pentium g3258 overclocked to 4G and gtx 750 ti sc. Total power consumption would be somewhere around 200 watts so the to picos should be enough.

but the problem is that the gpu doest have extra power connectors so it draws all its power from motherboard so i just cannot connect one pico to mother board and another to the gpu. Could i solve this by connecting one pico to the 24pin connector on the motherboard, then jumping the another pico and connecting it to 4pin/8pin cpu connector?

I found 500 watt picopsu from aliexpress but it needs 330 watt dell power brick which is very expensive, far more expensive than two 160 watt power bricks. Am i able to connect two power bricks together to create a 320 watt power brick?

Tek Everything

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 25, 2015
tekeverything.com
You should be able to run a g3258 and 750ti off of a single Pico 160xt and 192w power brick. The 160xt/brick kit from mini-box can handle peak loads up to 200W. What other components are you using that are raising the power draw to 200W?

I have run a i7-4790s, Quadro 1200 and 3 SSDs off of a single 160xt with no issues.

jakkis

Case Bender
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
i used psu calculator to calculate power consumption, other components are 8gb ram, ssd and two fans. stock power draw was somewhere around 160W but overclocking cpu does increase this quite much. I also would like to have some reserve for better qpu like 1060.

CXH4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 18, 2016
i used psu calculator to calculate power consumption, other components are 8gb ram, ssd and two fans. stock power draw was somewhere around 160W but overclocking cpu does increase this quite much. I also would like to have some reserve for better qpu like 1060.

I have a system like this, and I've tested both the 160XT and the Z4. Both are capable of powering what you would like; on one end you can get the Z4 that packs a lot of power and can support a 330 Watt Dell PSU/HP Voodoo 350 PSU, however the Pico does get a little hot if you try to put too much load on it, but if you don't mind that, go for it. The 160XT with it's power brick does pretty well also, at the cost of being limited to 12 volt power bricks, which I've seen only go up to 200 Watts, or you could power down the CPU and GPU and that works as well. I don't see much of a difference in gaming performance, under stress tests you may find different results working at full load.

Last edited: