Concept thoughts on this layout?

rod

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 29, 2020
Hi all. I would like to hear your opinion on this final layout for a custom made itx sized case.

specs:
- 1070, 450i, evga supernova 550 gm
- top fan: either a 120mm, perhaps a 140mm if I can fit it
- cpu cooler: I will most likely get a d9l or u9s. A c type cooler is also an option but I figure a beefier cooler will be better

**Note that the only oc'ed component is the ryzen 1600x

case:
- sides, bottom and top will be regular grilled panels. front pane will be glass/similar -- will be a visible interior
- peripheral cabling will get routed from the bottom of the case

I've attached a picture for better visualization.

Thank you in advance for your help! :)

Ezzoud

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2018
There already are some cases using this layout, i found one on taobao that apparently costs 68usd + shipping. Also supports and aio, matx mobos and atx psus.

rod

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 29, 2020
yep that is exactly what I am after, just slightly smaller! glad to see that it works. I wanted it to be air cooled instead. now I just need to find the time to build it!

thanks for your link it really helped

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
There already are some cases using this layout, i found one on taobao that apparently costs 68usd + shipping. Also supports and aio, matx mobos and atx psus.
Link appears broken.

Ezzoud

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2018
Sometimes taobao links ask you to log in for some reason, if you go to taobao.com and search "c1 matx" it should be among the first that pop out. . It looks like if you go with an sfx psu you could even maybe mount a 360 rad in there. Going with an aircooler can be tricky cause it will need to pull air from the bottom where all the wires come out.

rod

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 29, 2020
Hi all. My project is half way through now. I don’t have that enough room on the top to fit a 120mm fan but seeing that my case is quite small i don’t think i will need it. My main concern is what kind of cooler I should use.

I’m going to mesh the every panel expect the front one that is going to be methacrylate to have a good view of the inside. What kind of cpu cooler do you think i should use? I was thinking noctua dh15 but i think that could bé overkill for just an oced 1600x.
On the other hand it could be nice to have a way to quickly get rid of the warm air off the box. Any suggestions?