GPU Thoughts on the R9 Nano?

VisualStim

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
I know its old but its small and I plan on using it for a hackintosh. (OPENCL) for final cut pro.

I need more than 1 displayport. I know theres a single fan RX470 but Im not sure if itll fit the S4 mini

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
It'll be fine for video editing if that's what you mean, how many DPs do you need? Most modern GPUs have at least 3.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Power spikes like a mother. Wait to see if there is a Vega Nano. It should be announced at the end of may.

Reactions: cmyk78

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Sapphire RX570 can fit! It can fit nine times!

The NANO is a bajillion times more powerful than it though...it makes the 480 look slow. But the Nano is a liar...it is small physically but requires a giant computer to run properly.

Of course...you'll need to live with a DVI port instead of an extra DP port...they are almost the same, right? XD

Reactions: zovc

VisualStim

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
Sapphire RX570 can fit! It can fit nine times!

The NANO is a bajillion times more powerful than it though...it makes the 480 look slow. But the Nano is a liar...it is small physically but requires a giant computer to run properly.

Of course...you'll need to live with a DVI port instead of an extra DP port...they are almost the same, right? XD

thats cool and all but it only has 1 Display Port :/ Im trying to use 3 display ports with 3 iPad 3 Retina Monitors