Memory Those dirty liars!

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Really black too. Though I prefer Vantablack.

I'd love to build a Space Odyssey Monolith computer with that stuff.

Ok now it's clear..next trial will be with tour new 6400t

Yup, RAM is 20 hours in with no errors so that ordeal is over. But now I'm paranoid about the CPU so it will also undergo an overnight Prime95 test before I try using it for reviews.

All this has really screwed up my schedule, I had hoped to have both the ASRock DeskMini and the ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming reviews done by now but I've only managed to get as far as taking pictures :\

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I was keeping an eye on this to maybe purchase and etch some markings on it to serve as a reference point for measuring motherboards.

But who pays $80 for a dead CPU!?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
There should be cheaper dead CPUs to be found, asking 80$ for a dead CPU is just insane. Unless someone knows how to get warranty on an OEM CPU or is going to con people.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Unless someone knows how to get warranty on an OEM CPU or is going to con people.

Ugh, I hadn't considered the latter. But that sadly makes sense why someone would pay so much for it.

In good news though the 6400T should arrive today! So I'll run Prime overnight and hopefully I can finish up with the motherboard reviews by mid next week.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
If you need a CPU for purey geometrical reference, could you 3d print one like the keepout area template?

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
That's an idea but since apparently SFF Network still isn't big enough to get nicer motherboards for review I don't want to risk it. Because if the 3D printed model is slightly off and the pins get damaged I'm out the money.

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
That's an idea but since apparently SFF Network still isn't big enough to get nicer motherboards for review I don't want to risk it. Because if the 3D printed model is slightly off and the pins get damaged I'm out the money.
Keep up what your doing and I'm sure you'll be 'big enough' soon!