Image Credit – Thor Zone

Thor Zone has announced the NANOQ SFF cases, which launches in Q3 -2023. Coming in with two sizes of 11L for the NANOQ S and 16L for the NANOQ R,  the case features a stainless steel tube frame interior with an aluminum shell. It can be position vertically or horizontally. The R case supports up to 378mm long GPUs, and the S Case supports GPUs up to 327mm in length. Both models have confirmed support for RTX 4090 Founders Edition, and the AMD RX 7900XTX Reference model GPUs.
The design appears to aim for flexibility allowing users to run configurations as open frame, horizontal, or vertical out of the box. The GPU has an adjustable spine for 3 or 4 slot GPUs. CPU...

Continue reading...

Reactions: doohan47

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
If the feet for the housing are as wobbly as the inner frame of the mjolnir (at least that's what it looks like in the pictures) it will surely break. for 400 to 500€ vat included...still waay to expensive. not to think about the customer care etc.
what i like are the larger vents, because with the mjolnir the air was always just pressed against the thick edges and circulated further inside.
the airflow for the (standing on feet) upper fan is restricted somehow. i hope the opening is bigger than for the mjolnir as the 120mm fan couldnt blow much air out.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
If the feet for the housing are as wobbly as the inner frame of the mjolnir (at least that's what it looks like in the pictures) it will surely break. for 400 to 500€ vat included...still waay to expensive. not to think about the customer care etc.
what i like are the larger vents, because with the mjolnir the air was always just pressed against the thick edges and circulated further inside.
the airflow for the (standing on feet) upper fan is restricted somehow. i hope the opening is bigger than for the mjolnir as the 120mm fan couldnt blow much air out.

No sheet metal on this case-series, we want to avoid any wobble. So only CNCd parts. The core is mostly stainless steel which is much harder than aluminium (even more so when compared to the flimsy sheet metal parts on the MJOLNIR core). It will be priced around the same as the MJOLNIR (price will include shipping). Replacement parts will be made from the beginning, so we can send them out straight away instead of waiting for another launch. Also, no gluing, way to messy as we've learned with the MJOLNIR. In short, the goal was to make a case like the MJOLNIR but delete the weak aspects.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoneG and Phuncz

wahussamit

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2023
No sheet metal on this case-series, we want to avoid any wobble. So only CNCd parts. The core is mostly stainless steel which is much harder than aluminium (even more so when compared to the flimsy sheet metal parts on the MJOLNIR core). It will be priced around the same as the MJOLNIR (price will include shipping). Replacement parts will be made from the beginning, so we can send them out straight away instead of waiting for another launch. Also, no gluing, way to messy as we've learned with the MJOLNIR. In short, the goal was to make a case like the MJOLNIR but delete the weak aspects.
Hi Alex, any updates on the release of the case?

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi Alex, any updates on the release of the case?

The final review units are in transit now, expecting them this week. We can technically launch in December but we’re thinking that January is better since the guys over at YouTube need some time to film and upload their reviews, also everybody will shortly celebrate Christmas together with their families so doesn’t feel like the best timing. Overall, January feels like a better month to launch.