Jay from JayzTwoCents has reviewed the Thor Zone Mjolnir. The Mjolnir is a sandwhich style case back by users. The creators have a thread on the SFFN concept forum. It's a sandwhich style case that can be mounter horizontal or vertically with the Borg adapter. The exterior is a single aluminum shell, and has been a crowd favorite.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 05-02-47 This is the coolest thing I have seen in a LONG time - YouTube.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 05-02-47 This is the coolest thing I have seen in a LONG time - YouTube.png
    206.6 KB · Views: 532
Reactions: Phuncz and rfarmer

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
A prime example why it matters that you treat an SFF case not like a general PC case with restricted hardware support, but respect the critical tolerances that are there. I'm glad he does appreciate the quality and craftsmanship the Mjolnir has.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
This was a pretty good review by Jay, curious to see what kind of build he does. I like how he showed 2 different 240mm radiators that don't quite fit so anyone looking at this case knows what to expect.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
He seems to not realize that Mjolnir isn't 5mm bigger in every dimension...because they were trying to compete with the 10L size class which has gotten very competitive....and Mjolnir, as cool an enclosure as it looks lacks in hardware compatibility with other cases in its size class--namely the T1 comes to mind. The new A4 H2O is another that isn't far off.

TBH the way he spoke I'm not sure he's aware of the competition in the NCase and smaller size class.

Reactions: Phuncz

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
He seems to not realize that Mjolnir isn't 5mm bigger in every dimension...because they were trying to compete with the 10L size class which has gotten very competitive....and Mjolnir, as cool an enclosure as it looks lacks in hardware compatibility with other cases in its size class--namely the T1 comes to mind. The new A4 H2O is another that isn't far off.

TBH the way he spoke I'm not sure he's aware of the competition in the NCase and smaller size class.
His entire point of reference for SFF is the Ghost S1 which is somewhat ancient at this point. For doing SFF cases once every other year, he did well. Keep in mind majority of his audience will be the Corsair 5000D and Lianli O11D kind of PC builders 😁

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I enjoy watching non-SFF guys do these videos. Those of us who have been in this scene for a long time often forget the learning curve. These are great reminders.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
My inner self couldn't resist when I heard "this is USFF", I must admit that I giggled inside of me. Ultra-SFF is half that size, at best (around the 4 liters or less).

Except that, it was quite nice for someone not used to real SFF chassis. Props to him for showing that radiator with "embedded" fan gasket (and "recessed" core)

Last edited:

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
My inner self couldn't resist when I heard "this is USFF", I must admit that I giggled inside of me. Ultra-SFF is half that size, at best (around the 4 liters or less).

Except that, it was quite nice for someone not used to real SFF chassis. Props to him for showing that radiator with "embedded" fan gasket (and "recessed" core)

That's not a small form factor... (pulls out 3L Case)...Now this is a small form factor.