GPU Thickest aftermarket 3080 cooler?

darksable

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2017
Hey guys!

I want to try something totally hairbrained that will be amazing if I can pull it off.

To that end, I'm trying to find the dimensions of 3080 aftermarket cooler heatsinks - as in, without the shroud and fans.

I can fit a width of up to 48mm (or just over 2.2 slots of heatsink), and a maximum height of 120mm (from the bottom of the PCIe connector to the top of the heatsink.) - which is up to 14mm over the top of the PCIe retention bracket.

I know the just released this morning, but I'm hoping information will eventually trickle in, particularly from product reps.

At the moment I'm eyeing the ROG Strix, but I can't find any information as to it's height, since the websites are all down.

Thanks!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hey guys!
To that end, I'm trying to find the dimensions of 3080 aftermarket cooler heatsinks - as in, without the shroud and fans.
At the moment I'm eyeing the ROG Strix, but I can't find any information as to it's height, since the websites are all down.
Just from the pics, I think, Gigabyte 's Aorus Xtreme 3080 is the thickest.
It could be a 4-slot card

darksable

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2017
Just from the pics, I think, Gigabyte 's Aorus Xtreme 3080 is the thickest.
It could be a 4-slot card

Oh my god, I hadn't seen those yet! That's super exciting, thank you - that's *exactly* what I'm looking for!

Now to call gigabyte support and see if they'll tell me the exact dimensions of the heatsink itself. :p