The New Guy

Hey just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

I've been wanting to build a SFF PC for a year or so now and finally pulled the trigger on an NCASE M1 V6.1. It arrived yesterday and it's beautiful. It's quite amazing how quickly I was able to disassemble and reassemble it in a matter of minutes. Build list:

Main Components:
  • Case: NCASE M1 V6.1
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
  • MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix B550-i Gaming
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio (I'll have to sell/trade/exchange this for a small GPU as this is a honker and won't fit my case)
  • RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600Mhz C16
  • SSD 1 - M.2 NVMe: 500GB Samsung 970 Evo
  • SSD 2 - SATA3: 1TB Crucial MX500
  • PSU: Corsair SF750 or SilverStone SX700-PT (trying to get an SF750 for months but having no luck, may settle for SX700-PT)
I don't plan on overclocking anything and would love some feedback on my build and any advice anyone has. I game at 1440p + 144hz and this machine will be my daily driver for the next 3-5 years.

Excited to learn more about SFF PC's and eventually falling into the trap of always tinkering!

Minnesnota

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 13, 2020
Also, I just noticed my CPU Cooler isn't listed (and I'm too new to edit my post).

CPU Cooler is an Asetek 670LT 240mm. A little beefy for this case usually but I think I'll be okay.

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
For the GPU, the TUF or the XC3 would be some good picks. And no, the 240mm AIO is not beefy for this case because that's what a lot of people buy it for, lol.

To edit your post, go to the bottom left corner. Next to the "Report" button, you'll see the edit button.

Are you buying new components or are you transferring components?

Minnesnota

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 13, 2020
For the GPU, the TUF or the XC3 would be some good picks. And no, the 240mm AIO is not beefy for this case because that's what a lot of people buy it for, lol.

To edit your post, go to the bottom left corner. Next to the "Report" button, you'll see the edit button.

I'm actually looking for a TUF version of the 3080. When my Gaming X Trio gets here I'll try trading for it.

I'm transferring over the CPU, Storage, and AIO - everything else is being purchased new.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! Nice build !

New users can't edit posts, this unlocks after a while.

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
I'm actually looking for a TUF version of the 3080. When my Gaming X Trio gets here I'll try trading for it.

I'm transferring over the CPU, Storage, and AIO - everything else is being purchased new.
No no, please don't go for the TUF version. Here are some reasons why:
  1. Front I/O ports must be removed
  2. Low profile PCIe power adapters must be used
  3. Installation may be difficult

The XC3 does not have any of these issues AND you can fit 2 slim fans on the bottom!
So in my opinion, the XC3 is the better buy

Reactions: Phuncz

Minnesnota

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 13, 2020
No no, please don't go for the TUF version. Here are some reasons why:
  1. Front I/O ports must be removed
  2. Low profile PCIe power adapters must be used
  3. Installation may be difficult

The XC3 does not have any of these issues AND you can fit 2 slim fans on the bottom!
So in my opinion, the XC3 is the better buy
Thanks for the heads up. After doing some more research you're right.

Will I have to de-shroud the XC3 for the fans to fit underneath?