Suggestions / Thoughts on my N Case Build

shhoock

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
Hi everyone

Ive been a rgb enthusiast for the last couple of years but after i saw the N case M1 i just think of itx builds. Still having some thoughs in buying it since its a bit pricey and i wanted to save as much as possible. Im building a working gaming station and I usually go to a lot of Gamejams and dev meets and need something portable so the smaller/ light. Searched hours and hours and the final contenders were the Node 202, BitFenix Phenom but the kick was always for the N Case. But anyways the problem i find right now is the air flow and some limitations that i have due to where i live. Just to finish the introduction i wanted the community to change my mind and convince to pay a bit more for this awesome case and recommend better options regarding the air flow and selected parts and some though doubts i have.

My planned build:
Case: N Case M1
PSU: CORSAIR SF600
Motherboard: AsRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 2600X
HDD1: Western Digital 1TB Black
HDD2: Western Digital 2TB Blue
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 240gb
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 (3200mhz)
AIO: Water Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120mm
GPU: Asus GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti Turbo?

Since the Version 5 comes with 2 single fan filters and one side filtered i decided to go with a Blower style card (still cant decide wich one really i only have the MSI Aero and the Turbo Asus variant available , nvidia doesnt ship to my country.. I went with a HDD on the botton and on the side a 120mm corsair air series with a fan filter for more air flow into a supposed blower card. For cooling the CPU as mentioned i went for one of the cheapest not because its was less expensive but because of he fact that the tubes are more flexible and didnt want to strain the cpu block (should i be too concerned?). The radiator would be placed sideways with the 120 mm filter provided and i swapped the cooler master one for the another 120mm corsair air pulling air inside. Not sure if a 92 mm for exaust would be optimal since it would drag air from the top as well and im still not sure if the side filter included can be used on top and if it covers all the holes to avoid dust gatherup. Also i wanted a magnetic filter for the psu because it wll face outside and 20+dollars for filter on demcilter is as a bit too much (if u can recommend aebstore on Europe with filter that doesnt need to be magnetic but one that i can screw to the sf600 or not i would gladly appreciate). Also if you guys had problems with customs ( I live in Portugal) and i bought some stuff but since the price tag is 195 euros i might get into tax problems. I
think its all the doubts i have. Please help me since its gonna be my biggest investment so far i just wanna be sure im doing everything right.
Thanks for those who read this and ill wait for your replies :)
Many Thanks

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
still not sure if the side filter included can be used on top and if it covers all the holes to avoid dust gatherup.
It cannot. It's magnetic, and only the side fan bracket is made of steel, so it will only attach to that.

I would do side intake through the AIO and rear 92mm exhaust. Bottom fans are optional, and typically don't do much with a blower GPU.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
As Necere suggested, the bottom fans won't help with a blower GPU. As for filter for your PSU, try getting a generic one from Amazon or eBay and cut it to size and just stick it on the PSU directly (I have a demcifilter myself that I have stuck on the PSU and fits behind the right side panel with no problems. As foir the top, again buy one, cut it to size and use some very thin double sided tape to keep it in place).

shhoock

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
Thanks both for the reply. Yeah I forgot about the fact that the case is aluminium so the filter wont work. Any aio recommendation or GPU (doesnt need to be a blower).

Ragsters

Trash Compacter
Apr 15, 2018
I have 2 fans under my blower style Vega 56 and I felt that it made a lot of difference in regards to temperature, especially in max temp. Oh and the asetek 92mm AIO is a great choice for the CPU.

Reactions: shhoock

shhoock

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
I have 2 fans under my blower style Vega 56 and I felt that it made a lot of difference in regards to temperature, especially in max temp. Oh and the asetek 92mm AIO is a great choice for the CPU.
Is your build AM4? I cant buy asetek in my country not even at amazon. I changed the current one for a Corsair Hydro Series H60 a bit more expensive but betterperformance and less bad reviews about rupture/ leaks