Suggestions, comments, criticisms for SFF Network/SFF Forum in 2017?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I think 2017 will be a great year for the site, community, and SFF in general but do you all have any suggestions, comments, or criticisms for us going into the new year?

Here's some stuff that's been suggested already or we are planning to do:
  • Better forum search has been suggested and that's on the list to implement in the next month or two.
  • More guides/articles to supplement the reviews and news posts.
  • Video is something John (@confusis) is planning to do now that he has a camera that isn't a potato :p
  • SFF relevant ads on the news site is something we want to tackle this year.
  • Revamp SFF Wiki with a new backend that's easier for the community to add content to.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
I still think it would be nice to have a couple quick info stickies on various subforums. CPU Heatsinks arranged by height, SFF GPUs arranged by length are the first two that come to mind for hardware.

https://sffwiki.net/

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
I always purchase from amazon, i did't experience any problem like this. i think ebay is best shopping site for electronic products.i think product price will be lower in ebay than in amazon. being a photographer in best photographer abu dhabi i usually buy my camera related products from ebay only.

in my view avoid wrist rest, hand should be freely movable. wrist rest can make you comfortable. but after that when you use it without support , it will become difficult for you. so its better to avoid wrist support. am a computer operator in homeopathy clinic called Homeopathy doctor in calicut , so i know the after effects of using wrist rest holders.

its nice too watch that every member in sff are wishing each other. am a new member here. i like the forum because members are much active and maintain a good relationship with each other. am a online business analyst working in selling leads online india so i like to mingle with people which helps me to study the public responses about online marketing . i hope this forum will help me in my works, we will keep in touch, thank you.
We have achieved spam worthiness!
Also you probably shouldn't click those links.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Thanks for reporting. Luckily they had the same originating IP address so I could multi-cast the ban hammer like some kind of rapid-fire Thor.

Reactions: cmyk78 and LocoMoto

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Gosh, I was on the subway and had no network ... You stole my triple ban !!
Octo-ban :D

Reactions: Soul_Est

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Add a job board forum? The scope may only fall to CAD, 3D Modelling, web development, programming, crafting, etc. as related to computers and I believe that it can work.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
We have the Vendor Marketplace which is suitable for those offering modding, CAD, and similar services. But there's lots and lots of sites out there for general job listings and it is outside the scope of the forum here.

Reactions: Soul_Est

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Maybe not a job board, but a specific 'job bounty'? A place to post "I'm looking for someone to take this sketchup drawing and create it in Solidworks/ProEngineer/Spaceclaim/etc to these bend/tolerance specifications:..." or "I'm looking for someone to bend/charge/seal this custom heatpipe route" or "I'm looking for someone to electroplate this component", etc.
This could be implemented as a 'wanted' tag on the Vendor forum (as it would be prohibited on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum under the 'no services' rules) but if it became popular it could crowd out vendor posts.

Reactions: Ceros_X

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
I know there's a gold supporter subsection, but you should put an account only subsection, that isn't visible to guests.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Hmm, but doesn't the whole forum serve that purpose already? Gotta register to post stuff here.

Reactions: Phuncz