Suggestions, comments, criticisms for SFF Network/SFF Forum in 2017?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I think 2017 will be a great year for the site, community, and SFF in general but do you all have any suggestions, comments, or criticisms for us going into the new year?

Here's some stuff that's been suggested already or we are planning to do:
  • Better forum search has been suggested and that's on the list to implement in the next month or two.
  • More guides/articles to supplement the reviews and news posts.
  • Video is something John (@confusis) is planning to do now that he has a camera that isn't a potato :p
  • SFF relevant ads on the news site is something we want to tackle this year.
  • Revamp SFF Wiki with a new backend that's easier for the community to add content to.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
You may like it but there's no denying that this:

Is quite an improvement over this:

;)

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
Just a minor thing, but on the mobile site if I'm trying to hit new posts right below it is ignored threads. Kind of the opposite of what I want.

Reactions: Kwirek

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
My top 2 points you took up, very strong top 2, especially ads!

Glad you like the new ads, I much prefer them over the junk AdSense ads we had before. And I think John is working on a non-live stream video to get us more YouTube content.

Just a minor thing, but on the mobile site if I'm trying to hit new posts right below it is ignored threads.

Hmm, would making the spacing between the buttons on mobile be enough?

Reactions: Phuncz and LocoMoto

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
In the members portion of SFFN, put everyone who is a vendor, for example, Lone Industries (Lone), Asrock System (Asrock System), etc into a section separate like the notable members section.

Reactions: cmyk78 and LocoMoto

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Could you reorder them so that 'New Posts' and 'Mark Forums read' swap positions?

That isn't currently possible unfortunately.

In the members portion of SFFN, put everyone who is a vendor, for example, Lone Industries (Lone), Asrock System (Asrock System), etc into a section separate like the notable members section.

That's something I plan to do in XenForo 2.0, which supports custom filtering for the Notable Members page.

Reactions: Phuncz

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
I still think it would be nice to have a couple quick info stickies on various subforums. CPU Heatsinks arranged by height, SFF GPUs arranged by length are the first two that come to mind for hardware.
On an unrelated note, why and when did you change your username?

Reactions: cmyk78

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Ilovelampshade was a name I picked a couple years back when I was working on a NuC conversion for a Lampshade iMac like the one seen here.

http://www.dremeljunkie.com/

I naturally ended up on the overclock.net SFF boards for that and I then ported the name over here. Fact is it was a terrible name trying to combine I Love Lamp from Anchorman and the word Lampshade as a reference to the build I was asking about. It's been a terrible handle the whole time and I've meant to change it for a while.