Discussion Struggling to pick between a formd t1 or dan a4h20

RecedingTooQuickly

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Aug 3, 2023
These 2 cases look pretty much identical and are about the same price for me in the uk: h20(£160), formd t1 v2(£180ish all in).
As much as I like my sama im01 I would like to downsize.

Is the difference between them really only looks by this point if I'm only sticking to air cooled builds for now?

I plan on using a ryzen 5600 with a 4080/4090 air cooled only. Looking online for many hours seems to suggest the t1 is slightly better for air cooling.
The jade fractal terra is really really nice looking in my eyes but no where near as practical as these other two.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
The H2O is more designed and intended for CPU water cooling...whereas the T1 is more or less intended as an air cooled box that you can shove water cooling into with enough fittings and cleverness. They're also two very different ways of making a box. The T1 is entirely machined, whereas the H2O is a more typical Lean Li manufacture process.

Something like a 5600 is a low power part that a low-profile downdraft air cooler would be fine for.

Presently my gaming PC is in an NCASE...if/when future CPU processors go back to being coolable with downdraft low profile coolers I'll rebuild in my T1.

Reactions: RecedingTooQuickly