So, What Do You Really Want?

So, it's that time, where I ask the community what they want in regards to content! I do this on a semi-regular basis, and now that we are closing in on 6,000 users and 100,000 posts (!) I thought it'd be time to do this again.

What I want to know is, what format do you want our reviews and news in?

We have a few options (keeping in mind that this is an after hours thing for me, I can't spend 40 hours a week on content (I wish!).

The options are;

• A move entirely to video
  • Shorter written articles and a short (around 5 minute) TL;DR format video overviewing the product
  • No video (except at events) and a continuation of the article format we have been championing for the past 3 years.
  • Shut the news/reviews site down and return to a forum only format
Vote here, at Strawpoll: https://strawpoll.com/krgh1pe3

I'll run this poll for a week or so :)

SharpDog

What's an ITX?
Jun 26, 2018
So, it's that time, where I ask the community what they want in regards to content! I do this on a semi-regular basis, and now that we are closing in on 6,000 users and 100,000 posts (!) I thought it'd be time to do this again.

What I want to know is, what format do you want our reviews and news in?

We have a few options (keeping in mind that this is an after hours thing for me, I can't spend 40 hours a week on content (I wish!).

The options are;

• A move entirely to video
  • Shorter written articles and a short (around 5 minute) TL;DR format video overviewing the product
  • No video (except at events) and a continuation of the article format we have been championing for the past 3 years.
  • Shut the news/reviews site down and return to a forum only format
Vote here, at Strawpoll: https://strawpoll.com/krgh1pe3

I'll run this poll for a week or so :)

As a very busy guy myself I commiserate with you. Personally I would do reviews as you can, text is fine (hopefully with photos) and leave the rest to the forum. You could hold a monthly, quarterly or yearly review contest where you award the best review(s). The award can be entirely notoriety/prestige.

Reactions: Biowarejak

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Maybe something like hands on / first look videos. In depth reviews take time, maybe short videos when you first pick up an item to review just taking a look at it, size comparisons w/ other items in its category, a few words about build quality, availability, pricing, any notable features / functions, etc and of course a mention that an in depth review will be going up on the site. Short, sweet, visual and potentially a driver of traffic back to where its most valuable.

Last edited:

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
I think some featured videos on cases/enclosures would be cool. Other things, not so much. In general I like how you guys are operate now.

Reactions: Biowarejak