Smallest case for a Zotac mini GPU

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Hello guys,

I'm looking for the smallest case that will fit a 215~mm GPU. Not looking for ones that fit full size ones, I'm looking for one where it just fits. Customod FX 6.1L is the best I've found but I would really prefer if it used a SFX Psu instead of a Flex, haven't found anything particularly interesting in other custom ones.

HBYR

Chassis Packer
Feb 23, 2019
Hi,

Most of the ones that I know of use either a AC-DC + DC-ATX in such small spaces eg. HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX and AC-DC units.
Maybe if you look at a case like the Dr. Zaber Sentry or the Modivio xCase which use SFX PSU, although those fit longer GPUs quite easily.
If you go for smaller cases, you might also find the S4 Mini or the Logic Supply MC600 which use split PSUs.

Best of luck!

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Hi,

Most of the ones that I know of use either a AC-DC + DC-ATX in such small spaces eg. HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX and AC-DC units.
Maybe if you look at a case like the Dr. Zaber Sentry or the Modivio xCase which use SFX PSU, although those fit longer GPUs quite easily.
If you go for smaller cases, you might also find the S4 Mini or the Logic Supply MC600 which use split PSUs.

Best of luck!

Yeah, the problem is that I already got the SF600 Platinum with custom cables and from what I've seen a HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX and AC-DC combo costs 200 f***ckin dollars, crazy.

I also don't like the console style cases :p

Last edited:

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Then maybe try something like a Dan case or a Louqe Ghost S1.

Yeah, I don't like those and I'm pretty decided on max 220mm gpu, there are some nice custom ones but the PSU is the problem. I might make a 3d printed case.

BonfireOfDreams

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2019
How about a 7 liter cube a la Lazer3D L27? It's basically like having a beefier gamecube, and yes, it can fit a Zotac GTX 1080 TI Mini inside. Bit on the pricier side, but it's IMO one of the most aesthetically pleasing cases.

Edit: Was wrong, fits up to a 1070 if you go with this card, Alternatively you can also can fit a GTX 1660 (non TI) If you use this Zotac 1660. No 1080 ti mini :p

Last edited:

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
How about a 7 liter cube a la Lazer3D L27? It's basically like having a beefier gamecube, and yes, it can fit a Zotac GTX 1080 TI Mini inside. Bit on the pricier side, but it's IMO one of the most aesthetically pleasing cases.
Thank you for the support, but unfortunately the LZ7 has 186mm GPU clearance, whereas the Zotac MINI cards are around 211mm in length.

If an SFX PSU is a requirement then there is currently the DAN A4 SFX and the upcoming Zaber Sentry 2.0 which both weigh in around 7 litres and have enough clearance for the Zotac MINI cards.

Reactions: BonfireOfDreams

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Thank you for the support, but unfortunately the LZ7 has 186mm GPU clearance, whereas the Zotac MINI cards are around 211mm in length.

If an SFX PSU is a requirement then there is currently the DAN A4 SFX and the upcoming Zaber Sentry 2.0 which both weigh in around 7 litres and have enough clearance for the Zotac MINI cards.

Yeah, I'm looking for a case that first EXACTLY the Zotac Mini :p probably will try 3d printing the case myself tbh.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
If SFX PSU and ITX motherboard are required then 7 litres is pretty much the smallest you can go, regardless of GPU length.

I've said already in the 1st post, I'm not looking for cases that fit size gpus, I want a case that has literally 220-225mm gpu clearance, no more, no less. I don't really care whether it's 7 or 9 liters. I want the case to just be filled as well as possible.

BonfireOfDreams

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2019
I want a case that has literally 220-225mm gpu clearance, no more, no less. I don't really care whether it's 7 or 9 liters. I want the case to just be filled as well as possible.

Well, it's not quite 220-225mm, but Zotac's own website claims the 1080ti mini has a clearance of 211mm. As it happens, the GEEEK A30 supports a GPU clearance of....exactly 211mm.

If 220-225mm GPU clearance is a must, it looks like finding a seller is a bit more obfuscated. The available case options with 220m clearance that I'm aware of are the Jonsbo C2 and the Jonsbo U2.

Last edited:

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Yeah, I haven't meant exactly 220-225, I guess what I meant was 'no more than let's say 15mm longer than the Zotac mini".

Geeek A30 uses a Flex PSU, not an SFX one, also I currently have my system in the Geeek A60 and the dust buildup is a huge problem for me.

BonfireOfDreams

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2019
The Jonsbo cases linked above support ATX, you could opt for a bracket adapter if you're less concerned about power supply utilizing all space available.

To your exact specifications however, I'm not sure that case exists unfortunately. Closest I can find to 211-225mm with only SFX support is SG05-LITE, but that puts your GPU clearance 29mm larger than you're looking for.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Closest I can find is a 6.1 L Flex case by Custom-Mod, it's almost exactly what I want, but it uses a Flex-PSU, I think I'll just 3d print a similar case but a little taller to fit a SFX Psu and be done with it.