Smallest cases for Ryzen with gpu and good psu?

laughing man

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't sure where to put this thread. But, what are the smallest cases and form factors that will take a ryzen and a cheap gpu? The thinnest? As for the gpu, as long as it will play witcher 2 (and preferably 3 as well) on medium it will be plenty powerful for me. So it doesn't need to handle a super long card. And I would like the psu to be decent quality, not some ho hum junk. So I worry that some form factors will be excluded.

I was looking at one case a guy was using that was shaped like a cube, but the heat sinking he was doing was kinda exoerimental looking. I would like to avoid uncertainties. I don't have the money to experiment with untested designs.

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
Already Bristol Ridge can play Witcher 3 well at like 720p. End of this year or early 2018.

laughing man

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
It seems like small form factor power supplies are lower quality. Is there any company that makes better quality gold, platinum and titanium SFF PSU's? 10+ year warranties?

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
if you want something small and skinny, get your hands on a sentry or an s4 mini if you can, there a few other slim pc case designs coming out of the woodwork on the forum but i'm unsure if they are out of the prototyping phase.

laughing man

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Why dont they make motherboard where you can mount the GPU parallel to the board? Then could use slimmer case? Or maybe ultra slim gpus?

laughing man

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Okay, so the sentry is the Zaber case, and what is the s4 mini? I keep getting samsung phones for the s4.

Okay, so, when is the sentry case coming out? I mean, people have been talking about it for at least 3 years now, and it is STILL not out?

Last edited:

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Okay, so, when is the sentry case coming out? I mean, people have been talking about it for at least 3 years now, and it is STILL not out?
They just wrapped up the last of the shipments to the Indigogo backers

What company actually makes those supplies though? Thought it was always good to buy direct from manufacturer.
Your probably not going to be able to buy directly from the OEM's for stuff like this

Why dont they make motherboard where you can mount the GPU parallel to the board? Then could use slimmer case? Or maybe ultra slim gpus?
They do, known as PIO but their fairly hard to get hold of since their mostly aimed at system integrators IIRC and not in the usual retail channels. There are people on the forum who have acquired them though.

what is the s4 mini?
http://nfc-systems.com/

laughing man

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Thank you.

And why is there no way to find the height of the AMD stock coolers? I mean... I see this sorta crap over and over again with manufacturers. Why do they waste my time on marketing BS and then don't bother to include basic info?

And on mini ITX motherboards, do I need to worry only about the height of the fan? What about the lateral dimensions?

Would this fit an mini ITX?

https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIAADY6A94515?cm_re=am4_coolers-_-9SIAADY6A94515-_-Product