small case suggestions please

Day VReamer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 20, 2018
www.youtube.com
Hi all,

I am looking to get as small a case as possible but have the following considerations:

Mini itx
I have a 7700k so cpu cooler space and venting needs to be good
I use 1 x 7mm SSD and a M.2 SSD
The coolers I currently have are: Noctua L9i (this is sufficient but with higher temps (around 85 under full load), or the cryorig c1 cooler (which I currently have fitted and would prefer to keep).
GPU - currently 1050ti mini, but considering upgrading to 1060,70,80 mini in the future.
PSU - currently have a flex atx 300w. Would upgrade to 500w flex atx if upgrading GPU, or different psu if a suitable case requires it

I have so far designed the below but am just waiting for final panels to be re-cut etc before fixing together permanently and installing all parts. Trying to weigh up cost of making a specific case to fit this vs off the shelf. I know I have made most of it now so might as well finish but I am still in the trial and error stage with a couple of panels and the cost continues far past what it would just to buy one so if I can find something suitable I might consider getting it instead. Reason I need a small case is because I have limited desk space and take the PC with me when required.

The closest case I have found which roughly matches the design is the RAIJINTEK's Metis Plus but it is pretty much twice the volume so if anyone knows any smaller cases that would fit everything listed that would be appreciated.

In theory the case I have designed can fit 3 x 2.5" SSD's up to 10mm wide (I can change this for it to fit 2 x 7mm and 1 x 15mm), a GPU up to 144mm height (including 8/6 pin power connector) and up to 178mm long. The space for the CPU cooler is approx 95mm, but this is facing the ATX Flex PSU so I would recommend atleast a couple of cm's gap. I will be trying it with the Cryorig C1. It has space for 2 x 5cm fans on the bottom of the case to move air between the PSU/CPU cooler and up through the case. Then a rear 8cm and top 12cm fan space. Top fan space to be confirmed but possibly 14mm thick with GPU as is, or possibly 25mm with GPU fan and shroud removed. Case is 7.49L

The GPU bracket/tab is not shown in the pics.

Dimensions are 171mm wide, 230.18mm high and 190.543mm deep.

Please note with the below pic that the front/rear and 1 side (for the motherboard) will be fixed in place so this is just to show the layout a bit easier.

And finally SSD bracket:

Last edited:
Reactions: macbosco and el01

Day VReamer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 20, 2018
www.youtube.com
Is anyone able to also confirm how far the 8 pin socket and cables protrudes past the top of the 1060/1070/1080 gigabyte mini just I know if I have enough clearance? It’s an expensive way to find out otherwise!

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
That is awesome, I could also potentially make the case thinner if I used that :)
If you want to grab a couple you could probably resell them at double-quadruple what you paid. The shipping time is crazy, so a lot of people would be willing to pay it.

Reactions: Day VReamer