CPU Slimest, most compact ATX case at a reasonable cost/quality?

RAAM

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 24, 2024
Just looking at options right now.

My buddy made a deal on three The ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi motherboards and offering me one at an incredible price so I am looking into the best value smallest, slim case that can take a 4070, etc graphics card, AIO if needed, and a great price with good quality.

I also have to figure out what is the best CPU as never built an AMD, love the 13600k Intel so want similar performance/cost ratio unit.

I like the challenge of fitting system into a small case but not spending a ton of money on custom machine work, etc...

Thanks!
Rick

RAAM

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 24, 2024
I have been comparing performance per cost of the i5-13600k to AMD and the only advantage they seem to have is thermal efficiency, the most I have seen on all but Cinebench is around 160 watts on my 13600k. Not sure I want to spend more to get the same performance and save a bit of energy....

I am open to recommendations though of course. something like the 7600 or X version seems pretty decent as does the 13400 if I wanted to stay with Intel.

Rick

RAAM

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 24, 2024
Lots of looking around, nothing I found I care for, not worth the trouble just to get a good deal on a MB and have to spend more on a CPU to match performance of what I have. The only cases I found I could live with are for micro ATX, not ATX, so no ATX for me.

RAAM

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 24, 2024
Thanks, really small for ATX but unfortunately not a good design to keep the dust out which is absolutely critical for my needs, high desert, dust blows here a lot. Remodeling creating more dust, very small space at 430 sq ft total, wife cooks all the time.....I have to clean my dust filters quite often and take the laptop completely apart regularly. I am working on a design for a DIY air filter so we can use our evap cooler when the next CA wildfire gets close to use like they did 3 years in a row. Then maybe I can run without dust filters.

Thanks again!
Rick