Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

Helix Exton

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2022
Question, will the 12+4Pin cable work on a 3080? I know the little 4 pin is the tiny little connector on top of the 12 Pin connector, but I dunno if the connector or PSU will be okay connecting to a 3080 FE, as the 3080 will just use the 12 Pins.
30 series doesn’t have the sense pins as they were finalized before the spec was. It works with any 12+4 connector, but the 40 series needs ones with the sense pins grounded.

Reactions: XNine and rfarmer

Helix Exton

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2022
Got my case! So excited to build in it after the new year (still need to order cpu mobo ram storage etc.). Extremely high quality feel in the hands and the machining reminds me of when I’m working making aerospace parts (don’t tell spacex but I’ve held parts that I know went on rockets that were of worse machining quality from the look and feel of it). Excited to post more once I start building!

MWR

Cable Smoosher
Nov 16, 2022
Is there much of a noticeable or impactful difference using a SFX-L psu over a SFX?
Unsure if I want to grab the Asus Loki 1000 SFX-L now or wait for the Coolermaster SFX 1100 whenever that is out. I think the CM one comes with those stiff flat cables though while the Loki comes with braided.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Is there much of a noticeable or impactful difference using a SFX-L psu over a SFX?
Unsure if I want to grab the Asus Loki 1000 SFX-L now or wait for the Coolermaster SFX 1100 whenever that is out. I think the CM one comes with those stiff flat cables though while the Loki comes with braided.
From building in this case, I will tell you that stiff cables are a nightmare to deal with. Very frustrating when you just need a cable to bend 1/4" and it's like "nah, mate, we're sleeping."

You can always make or buy custom cables, too. I dunno, for me, I think I might be going back to my other PSU with better cables even though it's sfxl when I do my rebuild over the next week

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
My secret weapon for my loop in the Slate Case:
Bykski High Flow D5 Pump with PWM Control/Full Housing (B-UL-D5-X-V3) https://a.co/d/99ALPdH
As far as I can tell its the only off the shelf D5 pump/res combo available that fits in sandwich orientation on the GPU side with a waterblocked GPU.
What D5 are you guys going with? Or are you going DDC?

Reactions: Baka

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
Bykski High Flow D5 Pump with PWM Control/Full Housing (B-UL-D5-X-V3) https://a.co/d/99ALPdH
As far as I can tell its the only off the shelf D5 pump/res combo available that fits in sandwich orientation on the GPU side with a waterblocked GPU.
Can it fit next to the GPU, above it or both?

diegopx

Cable Smoosher
Sep 24, 2022
Started putting a build together in this beauty today and immediately hit a snag with the ASUS Z690I.

it seems that Asus overbuilt the top HDMI end of the motherboard IO leaving a chunky overhang of the side metal cover of the heat sink assembly and the IO shield lip. In stock form, these end up interfering with the portion where the core meets the bottom IO plate.

I guess it wouldn’t be an ITX build without the hacksaws and dremel making an appearance — right? Slicing off that lip of the IO shield and removing side cover of the heatsink did the trick just fine.

Wilson

Chassis Packer
Mar 23, 2020
Doesn't D5 pumps add more heat into the loop?

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Started putting a build together in this beauty today and immediately hit a snag with the ASUS Z690I.

it seems that Asus overbuilt the top HDMI end of the motherboard IO leaving a chunky overhang of the side metal cover of the heat sink assembly and the IO shield lip. In stock form, these end up interfering with the portion where the core meets the bottom IO plate.

I guess it wouldn’t be an ITX build without the hacksaws and dremel making an appearance — right? Slicing off that lip of the IO shield and removing side cover of the heatsink did the trick just fine.

Same with the Z490i I have, plus the fact I had to remove the heatsink and cut off the heat pipe from the VRM to the IO shield because no water block worth a damn would fit the CPU.

Reactions: diegopx

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Can it fit next to the GPU, above it or both?
Next to it. But measure your gpu block lenght to make sure first. Pump is 69mm and with my block it should just fit.
Doesn't D5 pumps add more heat into the loop?
Its probably negligable honestly when you take into account the improved cooling potential you get from better flow. I honestly dont know though. It would be interesting to see experimental results comparing d5 to ddc water temperature.

Reactions: XNine

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
Next to it. But measure your gpu block lenght to make sure first. Pump is 69mm and with my block it should just fit.
oh man you just made my day! I've been eyeballing the hell out of parts hoping they'd fit in this case. I managed to snag this unicorn, Alphacool dual DDC top, awhile back and was looking to use it in a build. Looks like it'll fit with the EK Quantum.

firassasin

Chassis Packer
Apr 25, 2022

I have the z690i and I think ill probably hit a similar issue, but looking at your photos your board doesn't look quite like mine, looks more like the z790i

Reactions: diegopx

Helix Exton

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2022
I’m using a modultra lobo. Integrated ddc pump/cpu block that’s super low profile. Includes active cooling for the pump too which greatly extends the lifespan of the pump while barley adding any heat to the system.