Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

MWR

Cable Smoosher
Nov 16, 2022
Adding some in progress shots of my own here. As others have noted micro 90 degree fittings are your friend here, and every millimeter counts.

After a ton of trial and error, and almost settling on a loop with an FLT80 reservoir at the top, I ended up going with a compact bottom mounted DDC combo. Draining and filling with the FLT was way too involved and the degree of tilting the case around felt like an accident waiting to happen.

Some other notes:

The GPU top seemed to sag outwards in my build, this started happening after I changed the layout to reduce the size of the motherboard half of the case. I ended up fixing this by using a screw to lock the GPU IO plate at the bottom, and a few washers to slightly tilt the PCIe extender bracket to account for the sag.

The space between the radiators and the PSU bracket is very tight once fittings are added, both with the 20mm slims that I ended up with and the original 30mm thick ones that I started off with.

I‘m much happier overall changing my pump res combo and going with the thinner 20mm rads, those two changes made a huge difference and gave me loads of space to work with for tubing and cable management.

Please don’t judge the random clear piece of tubing, I ran out of thick fittings in time for the leak test 😅
What size Rads and fans are you using?

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Ah nice, got any photos?

Yeah, just a couple here. You can get pretty creative with mounting, but I used aluminum spacers and washers to stabilize the reservoir. The thing isn't moving unless I throw it at a wall. sorry, Imgur refuses to upload my images even after a reinstall or clearing data, so, it's taken a bit to find an alternative.

You can see how little space is left between the pump and PSU housing. Currently working on cable management.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

vprcre

Chassis Packer
Nov 23, 2022
Nice, perfect fit! Please do share when you figure out the tubing run between the Res and GPU if you haven't already; not looking forward to figuring that part out for myself.

Also, is there enough height in the case for crossflow radiators? I want to put a drain port in but the reservoir placement is likely going to require at least one radiator with ports on top.

6ixty9ine

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
word of warning for anyone thinking of doing dual 30mm rads with arctic P14s - the P14s are thicker than your usual fans by about 2mm, so the combination doesn't work. I never realised they were thicker. I've gotta go get 25mm thick 140mm fans now...

Ghostman103

Cable Smoosher
Aug 25, 2022
Nice, perfect fit! Please do share when you figure out the tubing run between the Res and GPU if you haven't already; not looking forward to figuring that part out for myself.

Also, is there enough height in the case for crossflow radiators? I want to put a drain port in but the reservoir placement is likely going to require at least one radiator with ports on top.
I have crossflow tx240s on both sides and they fit, a bit snug but they fit. It was done so I could have cpu runs on the bottom and gpu run on the top.

6ixty9ine

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
Also, does anyone know where these adhesive rubber washers came from? Can't seem to find anywhere on the case that's missing these washers.

ANiMOSiTY

Case Bender
New User
Sep 1, 2022
I'll get some more build pics and post some further details.. (Custom loop, with both a water-cooled 5900X and RTX 3090)
But first, has anybody else had issues with the PCI-E riser cable?

As soon as the cable gets warm, it causes crashes and GPU bus resets and then of course system reboots.
I've done the usual troubleshooting and a workaround is to have enough airflow to keep the cable cool and then its fine.. but once it gets too hot, the GPU has voltage issues and framerates tank by 50 % to 60 %.

There are various threads about poor riser cables on Reddit and other forums - curious if anybody has had any issues with this one?

FWIW, I switched from a ssupd Meshlicious and never had any issues with that PCI-E riser/extension cable.,

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022

Not sure on the cross flow rads, but in this case I think it'd be counter intuitive.

For the reservoir to GPU, in thinking about it now since I have another device that needs water too... You might be able to line up the res to the GPU if you have a FE block with ports at the back of the card to do a direct connect using a bitspower extension fitting, otherwise you'll need to do a bit of a circular arch.

I honestly have too much going in this build, lol, but it's the challenge that gets me going.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Bykski D5 pump/res fits perfectly in 4 slot gpu mode. Unfortunately for me though, if I want to fit it with my strix 4090 EKWB block, Ill have to either take the RGB section off the waterblock, or use a 140mm radiator in place of my 280mm radiator. The waterblock is just too damn long. I might just do an external pump. But for anyone using a founders edition waterblock, or there about that size, this pump would work out:

Is it ok to have a loop with a D5 and DDC? Or will the higher flow rate and pressure from the D5 cause damage to the DDC?

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
Bykski D5 pump/res fits perfectly in 4 slot gpu mode. Unfortunately for me though, if I want to fit it with my strix 4090 EKWB block, Ill have to either take the RGB section off the waterblock, or use a 140mm radiator in place of my 280mm radiator. The waterblock is just too damn long. I might just do an external pump. But for anyone using a founders edition waterblock, or there about that size, this pump would work out:

Is it ok to have a loop with a D5 and DDC? Or will the higher flow rate and pressure from the D5 cause damage to the DDC?
you check out Heatkiller's waterblock that's coming out for the 4090? No clue on when it'd actually ship but it looks very similar to EKs 3x series block and be a lot smaller.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

MWR

Cable Smoosher
Nov 16, 2022
Wondering if the 7900xtx red devil Waterblock will fit
The website says it will fit 327 length and the OP of the thread says 325.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
I'll get some more build pics and post some further details.. (Custom loop, with both a water-cooled 5900X and RTX 3090)

As soon as the cable gets warm, it causes crashes and GPU bus resets and then of course system reboots.
I've done the usual troubleshooting and a workaround is to have enough airflow to keep the cable cool and then its fine.. but once it gets too hot, the GPU has voltage issues and framerates tank by 50 % to 60 %.

There are various threads about poor riser cables on Reddit and other forums - curious if anybody has had any issues with this one?

FWIW, I switched from a ssupd Meshlicious and never had any issues with that PCI-E riser/extension cable.,

You're the first we know to have this issue with the riser cable. Personally I've run the 3090 ti on these cables with no issue.

Can you send an email through the Protolyth support page about RMA for your cable?
In the meantime, please see if you can narrow it down to something else that could be causing the issue.

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth

6ixty9ine

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020

Are you running dual rads on that? Curious about your loop order.

ANiMOSiTY

Case Bender
New User
Sep 1, 2022
You're the first we know to have this issue with the riser cable. Personally I've run the 3090 ti on these cables with no issue.

Can you send an email through the Protolyth support page about RMA for your cable?
In the meantime, please see if you can narrow it down to something else that could be causing the issue.

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth
Thanks, I'll do that.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I've fixated on tubing runs on this side of the chassis for a couple of days. Think this does the trick... And yes, that's an Aquaero 6 behind the flow meter....

Dayummmm dude! Thats somethin serious! Love it, post more pics when your done!

• Love
Reactions: XNine