Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Got my case today, only had enough time to open the box, pull it out, and praise it on its fit, finish, and overall beauty..... needless to say my girlfriend was standing there and said "well why don't you marry it" and walked out the room. Since it was just Lady Slate and me in the room together, I said her "she didn't know that was the plan all along...."

Negatives: Down one girlfriend.
Positives: Up one New Case (aka love of my life.)
Other Thoughts: Build log to come later.

Helix Exton

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2022
Starting to order my parts now for the upgrade with the news that cases are coming in (and good sales), extremely excited to receive mine and build!

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
literally refreshing my email 99 times a day hoping to see a shipping notice for my case heh

I actually checked my order after reading through this thread and turns out it has been shipped with tracking, an update email just hasn't been sent. Might be worth checking your order on the website!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
I actually checked my order after reading through this thread and turns out it has been shipped with tracking, an update email just hasn't been sent. Might be worth checking your order on the website!
This is good to know, I'm not sure there is anything I can do to fix this. It might be related to the users' preference to opn in emails or not.

6ixty9ine

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
unfortunately not the case (pun.. unintended) for me!

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
unfortunately not the case (pun.. unintended) for me!
Well as if by sheer coincidence or some sort of divine intervention, I have since received an email regarding my shipment being sent :p guess ya just gotta wait!

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
I mean, any 4090 with a custom block should fit just fine. It's these god forsaken massive heatsinks and shrouds on the cards that causes fitment issues in any case. The PCBs are actually really small, even compared to the 1080's PCB. A block is like 1/4 the size of the OEM heatsink. Maybe smaller...

Reactions: Cody K

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone!

I hope all of you are doing well. For those that have received their case, thank you for such great feedback and support! And for those that are still waiting, thank you for your patience!

There is one small issue some people are running into with tightening one of the Thumb nuts after they have shifted the mid bracket assembly for more GPU clearance. One of the thumb nuts will touch the PSU (after the psu is installed). If the Thumb Nut is too tight it will interfere with sliding the assembly, or if it is left loose it is difficult to tighten. Here are a couple temporary options while we work on a fix/ or have a design improvement for V2:

1 - Before installing your PSU, remove the nylon washer underneath the affected Thumb Nut. Put the Thumb nut back on and leave loose while installing the PSU. This will allow more clearance for the thumbnut to be tightened after you have positioned your inner assembly. You may need to use a tool to tighten fully.

2 - You can install the PSU after you have inserted the inner assembly and tightened all of the thumb nuts.

3 - (It is actually safe to leave the affected thumb nut loose enough for sliding the bracket. There is enough holding force with using just one of the thumb nuts on the PSU side).

Hopefully this is helpful for you while we work on this.

Best regards,

Taylor, Protolyth

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
So I just received it and cracked it open…damn. This thing is so incredibly beautiful and I genuinely hope you’re as proud of the case Taylor as I am satisfied with what sits before me. So clean and professional, really feeling the itch to transplant pc immediately.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Gonna need some recommendations on a custom keycap. I prefer more minimal looking stuff as opposed to the clunky figurine. Backlight support is a must.

Unfortunately I haven't had the ability to dig in yet. I've had the flu so progress has been slow from that and the fact I had to order a new pump/res that just came last night. Hopefully get my build log up this weekend!

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
Gonna need some recommendations on a custom keycap. I prefer more minimal looking stuff as opposed to the clunky figurine. Backlight support is a must.

Unfortunately I haven't had the ability to dig in yet. I've had the flu so progress has been slow from that and the fact I had to order a new pump/res that just came last night. Hopefully get my build log up this weekend!
Etsy is a good spot to search for custom stuff. Not sure of your style but here's an example.

Last edited:

yxes

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 10, 2021
Received and built mine today. Today is just a proof of concept though, I have no custom cables and I actually have a FormD T1 v2 coming in on Saturday that I actually want to build in. I could've saved this and/or sold it, but I just decided screw it, I'll build it twice. I really don't wanna take and show pictures, it's so ugly and bad right now.

Brand new build, my last/current build is currently being shipped across the country, probably destroyed. It was a full custom loop in a O11D Mini.

Components: MSI Unify Z690i, GSkill 7600 DDR5, 13900k, 4090 FE, SF750, Phanteks 240MM T30 Glacier One

Initial thoughts:

Build quality is great. A little scratch prone and I was being as careful as I could - still ended up with minor scratches.​

Immediately one of the thumbnuts fell off and into the duct below my AC, so lost into the abyss - thank you for including an extra.
The whole thumbnut thing threw me for a loop on the whole PSU thing - I had to redo it 3 times before I got it going - I ended up just screwing it in with two screws and left the thumbnut really loose - if I didn't, it would rub against the spine and I didn't like that. It also did not go in the railway unless it was very loose.
The rail system itself is very.. scary. I ended up scratching it a bit due to having to build this by myself and trying to first do it horizontally, but ended up dropping it in. The scratching sound.. hurts. I had to really loosen up the screws to have it go in. I literally had it in and it dropped like 3 inches down, hard lol.. but otherwise, it works?? I didn't bother tightening since I'll probably be taking this all apart soon.

Little complaints:

The riser cable was very tight and a bit hard to work with with the 4090 - I didn't do the GPU standoff mod (didn't know if it'd fit). My standard DP cable did not fit in the IO underneath but it's probably because I didn't install that GPU bracket thing as I'll probably be removing it again soon. The including adapter fit.

The rail system could be more elegant, but it works and I guess you only need it to work only a couple of times :')

I hate SATA cables/SATA IO

The front USB C is not working but it could just be my lack of properly connecting it? I'll check later - would be cool to have this in the back so that I could use a dock or something behind the PC - even better if it supported thunderbolt but I don't know about the feasibility of that

I dislike the rubber feet that I have to stick onto it with 3M. This stuff is never reliable in the long run - maybe I didn't realize that the aluminum feet was also compatible with the vertical case - I think I thought it was just for horizontal. Either way, I wish I got those.

The 8x2 panel screws could also be a more elegant solution - more opportunities to strip the screws or mess something up.

The AIO tubing looks.. rough but it works when I leave it pressing against the glass 😂. I don't know how I'd fix this issue.

All in all, good case, great case for water cooling. That was my original intention, but with how efficient 4090s are and how good the Phanteks 240 T30 is, I think this is fine.

Well, I tried taking a picture but my phone froze. I'll update later with pics if requested.

Thanks Taylor, great job on making this happen.

Stonen

Cable Smoosher
May 13, 2022
Received and built mine today. Today is just a proof of concept though, I have no custom cables and I actually have a FormD T1 v2 coming in on Saturday that I actually want to build in. I could've saved this and/or sold it, but I just decided screw it, I'll build it twice. I really don't wanna take and show pictures, it's so ugly and bad right now.

Brand new build, my last/current build is currently being shipped across the country, probably destroyed. It was a full custom loop in a O11D Mini.

Components: MSI Unify Z690i, GSkill 7600 DDR5, 13900k, 4090 FE, SF750, Phanteks 240MM T30 Glacier One

Initial thoughts:​

Build quality is great. A little scratch prone and I was being as careful as I could - still ended up with minor scratches.​

Immediately one of the thumbnuts fell off and into the duct below my AC, so lost into the abyss - thank you for including an extra.
The whole thumbnut thing threw me for a loop on the whole PSU thing - I had to redo it 3 times before I got it going - I ended up just screwing it in with two screws and left the thumbnut really loose - if I didn't, it would rub against the spine and I didn't like that. It also did not go in the railway unless it was very loose.
The rail system itself is very.. scary. I ended up scratching it a bit due to having to build this by myself and trying to first do it horizontally, but ended up dropping it in. The scratching sound.. hurts. I had to really loosen up the screws to have it go in. I literally had it in and it dropped like 3 inches down, hard lol.. but otherwise, it works?? I didn't bother tightening since I'll probably be taking this all apart soon.

Little complaints:

The riser cable was very tight and a bit hard to work with with the 4090 - I didn't do the GPU standoff mod (didn't know if it'd fit). My standard DP cable did not fit in the IO underneath but it's probably because I didn't install that GPU bracket thing as I'll probably be removing it again soon. The including adapter fit.

The rail system could be more elegant, but it works and I guess you only need it to work only a couple of times :')

I hate SATA cables/SATA IO

The front USB C is not working but it could just be my lack of properly connecting it? I'll check later - would be cool to have this in the back so that I could use a dock or something behind the PC - even better if it supported thunderbolt but I don't know about the feasibility of that

I dislike the rubber feet that I have to stick onto it with 3M. This stuff is never reliable in the long run - maybe I didn't realize that the aluminum feet was also compatible with the vertical case - I think I thought it was just for horizontal. Either way, I wish I got those.

The 8x2 panel screws could also be a more elegant solution - more opportunities to strip the screws or mess something up.

The AIO tubing looks.. rough but it works when I leave it pressing against the glass 😂. I don't know how I'd fix this issue.

All in all, good case, great case for water cooling. That was my original intention, but with how efficient 4090s are and how good the Phanteks 240 T30 is, I think this is fine.

Well, I tried taking a picture but my phone froze. I'll update later with pics if requested.

Thanks Taylor, great job on making this happen.
Lol consider pics requested! Surely you can't have such a long detailed experience without having a few quality pics.