Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
... Mobile problems... sorry for the spam. Why don't they let us edit/delete posts 🤔
Sorry!
might be cause you only have made 4 posts and still have the new user tag

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Album link:
Don't crucify me, like I said, it was more of a proof of concept 😅 I'll be building the FormD T1 today most likely, with the asus z790i, as this mobo frankly sucks.

Custom GPU cables came in as well, so it's not too horrible here. I didn't bother managing the mobo side, clearly. Fitment is good though, temps are fine, GPU never exceeds 60, CPU never exceeds 75 during games.

Like I mentioned, in this config, AIO tubes press against the glass. You could MAYBE use the gpu standoff mod, a rough estimate looked like it would be right up against the panel, which would probably further benefit temps. Someone should try :)
Hey,

Thanks for upload the pictures. It give a a good view for others to reference.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Just throwing a small update here. We are cranking for this week.
I want to address what we decided to do for the PSU-thumbnut interference when shifting the mid-bracket. For the remaining order fulfillments, we will be sending them with the following adjustment to the upper thumb-nut area:

One of the thumbnuts will be replaced by a screw. A 1mm rubber spacer is applied between the rod and the bracket. This is so one side of the rod glides perfectly into the rail while the other tightens the bracket. There is more than enough holding force with one thumb-nut and this should eliminate the interference with the PSU when the mid-bracket is shifted.
If the user wants the PSU facing the other direction, they can simply flip the rod on the bracket accordingly.
Here are some pictures:

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
My build has been a fiasco thanks to Asus and their inability to design a mITX board. But, progress has been made. I'll upload photos when I have a chance. Have to mod some mounts for a device I'm throwing in, but we should be good to get the system up and running this weekend!

Ghostman103

Cable Smoosher
Aug 25, 2022
All of these build pictures make the wait that much more unbearable! Now if only I could get any 4090 or an SFX power supply with 12vhpwr cable. Baby steps I guess.

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
My build has been a fiasco thanks to Asus and their inability to design a mITX board. But, progress has been made. I'll upload photos when I have a chance. Have to mod some mounts for a device I'm throwing in, but we should be good to get the system up and running this weekend!
What's up with the Asus mobo? I was planning on using their strix B550i...any issues to be concerned about?

Reactions: TaylorChiller

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
What's up with the Asus mobo? I was planning on using their strix B550i...any issues to be concerned about?
Mine is a z490i (which is my current in my CaseLabs Mercury S3). A lot of CPU blocks won't fit it, because the heatsinks and "armor" on the board are too large. The rear IO hangs down bc about 1mm too far as well. Then there's the fact that they're USB 2.0 header doesn't have power, so you need a powered hub for it. Like, why? My old Impact boards had that feature.

Stonen

Cable Smoosher
May 13, 2022
I know I'm not the only one checking for an order update in the emails. I'm getting anxious waiting to finally slowly start building in this case

Reactions: 6ixty9ine

Pesz

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 28, 2022
I got the case and it is everything i hoped it would be.

I now want to color match my keyboard but what color did u use specifically for the dark satin grey ?
The part i want to color match is also made out of aluminum.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
I got the case and it is everything i hoped it would be.

I now want to color match my keyboard but what color did u use specifically for the dark satin grey ?
The part i want to color match is also made out of aluminum.
Hey,

So we took samples from the factory until we selected one that we liked. For sake of simplicity the factory just named it (Dark Satin Grey, sandblast texture). I'll see what colors it compares to with our Pantone selector and get back to you.

Alternatively you could do a black keyboard because the grills are flat black.

Also to add, the grey color from the TKL Keyboard by logitech looks pretty good with it.

Reactions: XNine and Pesz

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Something worth mentioning. You'll notice there is a slot on the bed of the core assembly just below the PCIe connector. This is intended to use with your extra thumb nut to more securely lock your GPU if needed. Because the cases that are be shipped now have one less thumb nut near the PSU, we are just moving it to this slot for convenience.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hey Everyone,

Something worth mentioning. You'll notice there is a slot on the bed of the core assembly just below the PCIe connector. This is intended to use with your extra thumb nut to more securely lock your GPU if needed. Because the cases that are be shipped now have one less thumb nut near the PSU, we are just moving it to this slot for convenience.
Thats a really cool feature! Im glad you mentioned it, ill definetly use it, my waterblock is heavy AF.

• Love
Reactions: XNine

Pesz

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 28, 2022
Hey,

So we took samples from the factory until we selected one that we liked. For sake of simplicity the factory just named it (Dark Satin Grey, sandblast texture). I'll see what colors it compares to with our Pantone selector and get back to you.

Alternatively you could do a black keyboard because the grills are flat black.

Also to add, the grey color from the TKL Keyboard by logitech looks pretty good with it.
Thank you ! a close approximation is fine but if i could get the actual pantone number, that would be amazing.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Ekwb strix 4090 block with active backplate. Its gotta be the heaviest block Ive ever owned by far.
Going all out, eh? If the thermal pads are anything like on their 3080 block, might wanna grab some snacks, it takes a while, lol.

This chassis is so fun to build in. The removable core just makes things so easy.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

6ixty9ine

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
Going all out, eh? If the thermal pads are anything like on their 3080 block, might wanna grab some snacks, it takes a while, lol.

This chassis is so fun to build in. The removable core just makes things so easy.
i can't wait to finally build in a case that doesn't bite back. currently running a Lian Li PC-O7SX which has been a massive pain in the ass.

• Haha
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

lime517

Cable Smoosher
Jul 5, 2022
I keep noticing that the front and rear panels aren't quite flush with the rest of the case in anyone's builds (or even on the website now that I look for it) - is there a way to make those flush?