nice build~
I choose the zotac 1660ti too
you can try this 8 pin connector on it.

Kack

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
Was the Zotac AMP or Non-AMP edition?
The non AMP. If that fit, other cards would. No mod brickless builds like mine have just about 4.5" of usable space. We're talking total GPU height, thus ultra low profile GPU connector. Watch your cards true height when selecting.

LOG1K

Caliper Novice
Sep 6, 2017
Cool build, im planning to build a brickless skyreach. I found a guy who had the skyreach as the HD plex combo sold me everthing for $200 most epic steal of all time. Im going to build with a 3700x and a 2070 mini itx.

Reactions: rfarmer

Kack

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
Cool build, im planning to build a brickless skyreach. I found a guy who had the skyreach as the HD plex combo sold me everthing for $200 most epic steal of all time. Im going to build with a 3700x and a 2070 mini itx.
Thank you for the compliment.

IIRC only a few 2070 that fit in the wild and not in the US market. EVGA, MSi, Asus etc. really didn't care to market SFF versions that work for our purposes.

All things accounted for, should be great and I wish you the best with it. As a note: I took longer paths at times to get cables out of the way and/or into shape with the cables I used. Completely worth that planning in my opinion.

Licpolu

What's an ITX?
Aug 31, 2019
Hi all, this is my first post in the forum. I want to make my first build and I want it to be SFF so I'm researching a lot. I have a question for the OP regarding his build:

As of today, NFC offers two lengths for the Machined On Off Switch: 170mm and 330mm. I assume you got the 170mm. Maybe the 330mm will reach the IO header for the AsRock Z390?

I found this diagram for choosing the lenght (from the NFC webpage): Diagram for ONOFF Switch length NFC

I also found the manual for the Z390 in the AsRock webpage and the IO header is supposedly within the range of the 170mm length connector according to the previous diagram: Z390 Mini ITX manual

Maybe I'm reading the diagrams wrong?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I have the machined on off switch but because of where it connects on that ASRock board it's too short/ thanks ASRock. Walnut front panel,power switch, mobo 24 pin+CPU 8 pin sky wires, and riser ribbon all bought from NFC systems. The sky wires don't interfere with the power switch it just don't reach no pun intended.

Hello, Kack.

As with all NFC products, if you have any problem whatsoever let me know and I can fix it. I can get you a longer switch if you like, send me an email.

Peace .

:D

llee8820

Cable Smoosher
Apr 15, 2019
HI Kack.

I've finally found time to attempt this brickless build. It's my first SFF build and I've based it off yours. I have a few questions that I was hoping you could help me if you're still around.

1. With the HDPLEX 400, I used the included C8 connector. Part of it has a metal circle for grounding I assume. Where did you connect this to with the case? For now, I connected it with the screw I used to fasten the GPU on the outside of the case.
  2. I forgot to use the small fan included with the HDPLEX 400. Is this thing necessary? Which side of the HDPLEX did you connect it to? The one closest to the C8 connector or the other?
  3. How did you hide the C8 wires so well, mine are so long. I've pretty much just have it hanging out behind the GPU.
  4. Did you use any special length 12pin atx connector for the motherboard? I used the one with the HDPLEX but it's also very long and awkward to shove it to the side.
  5. I bought the NFC power switch as well. It has two, 2 pin connections. Is one used for pwr and the other reset? But they are not labeled and not sure if it matters which one I connect it to.
Thanks!

Kack

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
Hello, Kack.

As with all NFC products, if you have any problem whatsoever let me know and I can fix it. I can get you a longer switch if you like, send me an email.

Peace .

:D
Definitely not anything you did wrong but thank you very much all the same. I'd sooner buy a new longer one, to continue supporting the company, than ask for a hand out! ?

Your efforts and accomplishments have allowed me to have such an awesome set up and I am very grateful.

Kack

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
HI Kack.

I've finally found time to attempt this brickless build. It's my first SFF build and I've based it off yours. I have a few questions that I was hoping you could help me if you're still around.

1. With the HDPLEX 400, I used the included C8 connector. Part of it has a metal circle for grounding I assume. Where did you connect this to with the case? For now, I connected it with the screw I used to fasten the GPU on the outside of the case.
  2. I forgot to use the small fan included with the HDPLEX 400. Is this thing necessary? Which side of the HDPLEX did you connect it to? The one closest to the C8 connector or the other?
  3. How did you hide the C8 wires so well, mine are so long. I've pretty much just have it hanging out behind the GPU.
  4. Did you use any special length 12pin atx connector for the motherboard? I used the one with the HDPLEX but it's also very long and awkward to shove it to the side.
  5. I bought the NFC power switch as well. It has two, 2 pin connections. Is one used for pwr and the other reset? But they are not labeled and not sure if it matters which one I connect it to.
Thanks!
  1. With the HDPLEX 400, I used the included C8 connector. Part of it has a metal circle for grounding I assume. Where did you connect this to with the case? For now, I connected it with the screw I used to fasten the GPU on the outside of the case The ground strap is a bit overkill and I just put it under a screw that holds the case shell to frame. The HDplex is a robust unit and if you've got it screwed down already don't worry too much about it. However, this is your baby; be mindful with it and the power of electricity. I live in Virginia and power is pretty darn stable and I have had zero issues with my setup.
  2. I forgot to use the small fan included with the HDPLEX 400. Is this thing necessary? Which side of the HDPLEX did you connect it to? The one closest to the C8 connector or the other? I have only one side to plug in the fan on my unit and it's up front. The orientation of the unit works well with how I've attempted to manage cabling too. My build should not pull power high enough to 100% necessitate the fan in real life scenarios so I would not be too worried. I would monitor temps at full load in a few games etc. to have a base line. Mine is pushing through the unit and if and when it is on I'm not aware of any extra noise. My AC unit is held in extra snug courtesy of a trimmed cube of Noctua foam. If you go back through my guide and pictures you see where I did it.
  3. How did you hide the C8 wires so well, mine are so long. I've pretty much just have it hanging out behind the GPU. Thank you for the compliment! I really wanted a clean look. If you look closely and some of my pictures you'll see a bit where and how I folded some along the back and even double backed the 8 pin cable to the DC unit with an extension hiding some down the middle and through the pocket left by the riser ribbon. It took patience and time to plan it to get it this way.
  4. Did you use any special length 12pin atx connector for the motherboard? I used the one with the HDPLEX but it's also very long and awkward to shove it to the side. Yes, I have NFC skywires that I use.
  5. I bought the NFC power switch as well. It has two, 2 pin connections. Is one used for pwr and the other reset? But they are not labeled and not sure if it matters which one I connect it to. You should be fine as long as they are both on one of those pins.

JJ21

Cable Smoosher
New User
Oct 3, 2019
hi, I am planning to do the same build, and I am waiting the shipment for the case. I want to ask if that possible to add 2 120mm fans above the GPU, is that enough room to do that? thank you.

akisu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 15, 2019
hi, I am planning to do the same build, and I am waiting the shipment for the case. I want to ask if that possible to add 2 120mm fans above the GPU, is that enough room to do that? thank you.

Internal Dimensions are 341mm x 215mm x 57mm. 2x 120mm = 240mm. So it may be difficult. On the back side of the GPU you can easily install 2x 92mm fans in the included bracket.

JJ21

Cable Smoosher
New User
Oct 3, 2019
Internal Dimensions are 341mm x 215mm x 57mm. 2x 120mm = 240mm. So it may be difficult. On the back side of the GPU you can easily install 2x 92mm fans in the included bracket.
thank you for your help. I saw the official video on youtube that maybe I can install one 120mm fan, but I dont know if the case come with the bracket. I guessif not ill looking in 92mm fans which is lit hard to find.

akisu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 15, 2019
thank you for your help. I saw the official video on youtube that maybe I can install one 120mm fan, but I dont know if the case come with the bracket. I guessif not ill looking in 92mm fans which is lit hard to find.
The bracket for 2 92mm fans is included. Also one to install a 120mm fan.

Josh

Case Bender
Oct 18, 2019
Test fit with Zotac 1660Ti

Hi Kack,

Awesome build! I’m trying out a similar configuration having seen your one. Quick question, I don’t seem to have enough space to go brickless with my Zotac 1660ti. Did you do anything specific to get the Hdplex and the 1660ti to fit next to each other?

Thanks,

Kack

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
Hi Kack,

Awesome build! I’m trying out a similar configuration having seen your one. Quick question, I don’t seem to have enough space to go brickless with my Zotac 1660ti. Did you do anything specific to get the Hdplex and the 1660ti to fit next to each other?

Thanks,
Thank you!

I use ultra low profile cabling into the GPU and be mindful of the orientation of the brick. Double check my pictures. Also, if you chose the AMP version it's not going to work from my measurements. Very tight tolerances.

Josh

Case Bender
Oct 18, 2019
Thank you!

I use ultra low profile cabling into the GPU and be mindful of the orientation of the brick. Double check my pictures. Also, if you chose the AMP version it's not going to work from my measurements. Very tight tolerances.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'd bought the AMP version. I got the other one and now it fits :) I was surprised how much smaller it was than the AMP. Thanks for posting your build, been really helpful!

Reactions: vayter

kyjol

Cable Smoosher
Aug 26, 2019
Hey, how did you mount the PSU fan? For me the metal end of the cover, which is profiled lower due to mounting to the case, made it incompatible. It pushed the fan down enough to miss the screw holes. In your pics this seems well aligned for some reason. Any tips?

Kack

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
Hey, how did you mount the PSU fan? For me the metal end of the cover, which is profiled lower due to mounting to the case, made it incompatible. It pushed the fan down enough to miss the screw holes. In your pics this seems well aligned for some reason. Any tips?
I aligned it up front then used a piece of foam square that came from the Noctua packaging to keep the AC unit pushed tight against it. It pulls from the front slot and that cool air can go through the unit out the back. Double check the pictures, there's no mounting hardware for it just foam cut down slightly and I made sure that it isn't blocking the air flow on the back of unit and chassis. My system doesn't really need the fan persay I just made sure to have it installed (in case it does need it from extended usage) and not in the way of wires coming out the back of unit. A lot of what I did was meticulous to get wires where I wanted throughout and I fiddled with them until satisfied. I had to put the fan just so to not have it's wiring in the way up front too. Hope that helps!

biggchinoxxl

Case Bender
New User
Jun 16, 2019
Hi, I love your build and I am building a similar set up with a Ryzen CPU instead of intel. I know it has been a while but I have a few questions.

1) I think the imgur posts are down, I can only see a couple of the pictures. Can you send me the links to the imgur so I can see how it all fits together?

2) The 1660ti space is really tight and currently unsupported, did you screw to the card to the back of the case?
Mine card seems to be at a weird angle (more diagonal than square with the motherboard) and can't seem to screw to the case and I'm worried about the card moving. Not sure if the card ears are too long and cause an issue.

3) Also did you do anything to support the card? Since I can't screw the card to the case, I would like to have some sort of support for the card, just wondering if you did anything like that so card is a little more secure.