Silverstone has unveiled its latest entry into the SFF world in the form of the Sugo 16. Coming in both white and black, the 13L cube style case features support for ITX/DTX mainboards, 120mm AIO CPU cooling, and either ATX or SFX PSUs. It also has space for up to two 2.5" drives and one 3.5" drive.

The case features an inverted motherboard design, with rear to front cooling path. The GPU is at the top of the case and receives a large ventilation area, while the PSU sits at and exhaust from the front of the case. At the rear of the case is space fore a 120mm AIO or fan.

All sides of the case have ventilation holes for improved cooling and airflow, and the case is made from high-grade steel. CPU air cooler support ranges from 85mm to 172mm depending on if you choose an ATX or SFX PSU respectively.

GPU support is listed as 275mm(L) x 147mm(W). However, the card thickness was not listed. The rear of the case features two PCIe slots, but also appears to have some leeway as there is space above the second card slot. Cards wider than two slots may fit.

The case comes in both black and white, with a USD price of $89.99 and $95.99 respectively.

You can check out the product information sheet by clicking HERE.

Visit the Sugo 16 website by clicking HERE

Last edited:

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
According to the SG16's manual (page 26), graphic cards thickness can go up to 55mm.

• Supports up to 275mm length graphics cards, width 147mm.
  • Graphics cards exceeding 240mm need to be inserted through the front openings, and the thickness of the graphics card is limited to 50mm.
  • For graphics cards that are less than 240mm long, the thickness is limited to 55mm.

I, for one, am actually quite interested to see if it's completely ridiculous to fit a NH-D15S in that SG16, since the CPU cooler height limit is up to 172mm.

Reactions: Revenant and Phuncz

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
According to the SG16's manual (page 26), graphic cards thickness can go up to 55mm.

I, for one, am actually quite interested to see if it's completely ridiculous to fit a NH-D15S in that SG16, since the CPU cooler height limit is up to 172mm.

Great minds think alike. I had the same idea. If we get a review sample, I'll give it a go.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Seems pretty cool that it can fit a full size tower cooler, but the between the restrictive panels and the 80mm exhaust (or intake) it doesn't really seem like it can move enough air for the cooler to function properly...

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
So if you have cpu tower cooler there is really no space for connectors on modular SFX psu? Not to mention SFX-L. (judging from 3rd picture)

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Well, good news all. I reached out to Silverstone and they will send us one for review. I'll do a full build up of it. Let me know what you want me to check. When it gets here I'll try to answer as many questions as possible.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Ander on bilibili has done a video on the white SG16.

The PSU connectors and cables look to be coming out right over the ram sticks.

Looks like dual tower CPU coolers like the NH-D15S might have problems with the PSU cables/connectors. Unless you have super slim cables and bend it almost 90 degrees bent angle, which is probably fine but very sketchy.

Possibly even a big single tower CPU Cooler, like the NH-U12A or Thermalright's new U120EX, might face issues or, at the very least, the second fan will be very close to the cables.

Reactions: riba2233

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Ander on bilibili has done a video on the white SG16.

The PSU connectors and cables look to be coming out right over the ram sticks.

Looks like dual tower CPU coolers like the NH-D15S might have problems with the PSU cables/connectors. Unless you have super slim cables and bend it almost 90 degrees bent angle, which is probably fine but very sketchy.

Possibly even a big single tower CPU Cooler, like the NH-U12A or Thermalright's new U120EX, might face issues or, at the very least, the second fan will be very close to the cables.

Thanks for the heads up. I think it will be interesting what this case can do. I inspected it for shipping damage today and it is a really nice little cube.

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
So I've been holding off in the hopes that AMD would send us a reference 6900XT to borrow for this build up. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened. Supply is short. Instead, I'm going to go ahead with our test platform for a normal review, and do a complete build up later in a part 2 when we get our hands on a 6800XT or 6900XT reference GPU. I'll still be including the Noctua coolers in the review.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Linus Tech Tips has also gotten their hands on the SG16 and done a review with it.

Utilizing a SFX-L PSU and 120mm AIO (a very thick radiator though) to cool a 5900X, with either a 3070 or 6800 XT, the thermals are fairly impressive.

Looking forward to the written review here!

Reactions: Phuncz

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Linus Tech Tips has also gotten their hands on the SG16 and done a review with it.

Utilizing a SFX-L PSU and 120mm AIO (a very thick radiator though) to cool a 5900X, with either a 3070 or 6800 XT, the thermals are fairly impressive.

Beat us to it LOL. It’s next on the list.

We reached out to AMD for a GPU but they never got back to us. Same with NVIDIA. Right now, I’m in the process of validating our CPU coolers and PSUs we will use in our build.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020

I'll be honest, I did not expect that box to actually be competitive with NCase in volume. I saw it and figured it had to be more chonk than it appeared

12.99 liters.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
I'll be honest, I did not expect that box to actually be competitive with NCase in volume. I saw it and figured it had to be more chonk than it appeared

12.99 liters.

Yeah, the cube like appearance and dimensions don't really help.

And it looks like it a good performer too!

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Hey everyone. I documented the entire quick build and benchmark tonight on our Discord. Overall, the case was pretty impressive in it's CPU cooling, but you're going to have to choose carefully your air cooler. I haven't done AIO yet, but I'm leaning toward that being the best method for the Sugo 16.

I used an AMD 5950X on an ASUS Strix 570 ITX. Originally, I was using an MSI motherboard, but it crapped out half way through. To cool the CPU I used a Noctua U12A with a single fan. The case was set to intake air from the back, and exhaust it from the front. The SX750 PSU also acted as case exhaust. I don't suggest this with this PSU, but I'll delve into that later. For the GPU, I used a MSI Aero ITX 3060TI.

Performance for the CPU cooling was excellent. With PBO on, under a Cinebench R23 load, it hit 76C.

GPU cooling is good, but the dust screen is very restrictive. The mesh removes super easily and dropped the GPU temp from 82C to 74C

Intake Temp is 26.8C

GPU is at 74C (Stock settings) with filter off.

GPU is at 82C (Stock settings) with the Filter on.

Exhaust at the center of the front of the case is 46.5C

Exhaust at the right of the front (PSU Side) is 50.0C

(Note that the PSU is taking air from inside the case)

The case works as a great space heater if you aim it at you.

Very roughly, and before formal tests, I'm guessing the sweet spot build is going to be a 120mm AIO, 120mm front exhaust, PSU facing to get fresh air in from the side. While cable management isnt horrible, custom cables help a lot.

Ok. Off to bed.

Last edited:

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
5FE9C6EA-9AA1-42F4-BD23-35037FFE338D.jpeg
With the U12A in place, you’re limited to a slim rear fan.

F8D600BA-E6F8-414F-B57F-858F66F75782.jpeg
Under a combined Cinemark and Furmark load.

EE51EB49-EC9B-4F56-A141-FACD6AE9273D.jpeg
The front exhaust hit 50C by the PSU. 40C by just the fan. This is a hot little box.

E73F5CE7-9257-4E7B-9EFB-B42B5BFB4A71.jpeg

As soon as I lit it up green a Starfleet battle fleet appeared.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
It's too bad it doesn't have 3 slot GPU support. I can see a lot of people hot rodding this case and have a big, beefy GPU sticking out the front.