-Asrock z370m-itx
-i5-8400
-Noctua nh-65 (I don't know exact name)
-Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666
- Hdplex 400w dc-atx
- Hdplex 300w internal power supply
- EVGA 1060 SC
- Silverstone ml06

Now the only issue I'm having is that the 1060 is getting very hot and loud, I don't know what to do to help the cooling??

JayJPRO

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 20, 2018

Even fit HDPlex 300w ac to dc under it, but I took that out and the gpu apart to figure out cooling

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
Can you show a picture of the back. I'm curious how you mounted the GPU there. Isn't that the location for the SFX PSU? I assume there are some screw holes that you used to screw in the GPU?

Edit: also what type of riser cable are you using?

Last edited:

JayJPRO

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 20, 2018

The backplate is off my gpu right now but that’s how it would be screwed in, one through the hole I bent on the psu mount and one in the other. I’m going custom backplate route though. And the flex cable I used is a 20cm right angle from amazon called ezdiy or something like that.

Reactions: Jello and Kooki

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
Thanks for the pics. Pretty clever. I thought you might've had a custom back plate already. Are you gonna use metal to make a custom back plate? I was thinking if it be possible to make one using a 3d printer.

JayJPRO

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 20, 2018
I was hoping to 3d print one but don’t currently have access to one, I could probably custom fab up something out of metal. I’ll post more pics tomorrow as I’m getting the rest of the parts.

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
Idea about GPU cooling with slim 80mm fan:
But need modding front panel (cutting hole) to fit the fan and fan grill

Last edited:

JayJPRO

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 20, 2018

Ended up putting a 120mm fan on top of the 1060 and it stays plenty cool. After working in this small of a case I'm ready to sell it haha