Silver or Black NCASE M1?

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've just ordered a Black NCASE M1 V6 from SFFLab, but I was torn between the black and silver finishes. The silver looks great, but I think the black will fit in with the rest of my stuff better.

I was just wondering which finish existing NCASE M1 owners have chosen, or if anyone has both, and what your feelings are on the colour options.

I wanted to set this up as a poll, but don't see an option to do that, so please let me know, if you know how to do that!

Stuman

Caliper Novice
Sep 5, 2019
im in the same situation, the black will fit with the rest of my stuff better.

think the silver looks a touch better.... but not loads.

Have just ordered the black v6

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Back to the V1 version I had bought a black one as I am generally never disapointed with that colour unlike other ones whith which I sometimes get tired of.
Like you and probably most of us, my other computer stuff is black as well so I thought I could not be wrong.
That was and is still true, but seeing all the silver builds made me hesitate and I finally pulled the trigger for a silver case too. XD

I ended up using the silver one, which I find more classy in the end and which hilights the subtle angles of the front panel more than the black version, along with a nice contrast with the front IO that you don't have on the black version.

And even if the case doesn't match the colour of my other devices, black and silver go very well together anyway.

Reactions: Nanook

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
As mr. Brownlee from MKBHD always says: Matt Black everything! I like me tech black. Gives it a nice classy and expensive look and everything matches in contrast to things not being available in silver or whatever colour (my speakers, phone, pc, tv = dark gray, receiver, most cables, monitor all in black). Though I like the silver colour, my taste will always go for black.

knewt

Caliper Novice
Sep 4, 2019
I asked the same question in the v6 thread. I also always go with black for electronics, but for some reason this time I ordered the silver one. I liked the contrast with the black I/O panel and thought I needed something new - everything on my desk including the desk itself is black..

Let's hope I made the right choice, I'll know once I get it :) Could always buy extra set of panels if I regret it, but that will cost quite a bit.

Reactions: AlexTSG

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
I was also hesitating between the two, and I went for black.

Silver looks nice, but I think I will get tiered of it. And I already kind of does as every video I see use the silver one.

Black is for me the guarantee that I will always like it :p

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
I wanted silver because I want to BE Optimumtech. Wife's color is silver for tech too. But even she agreed black would be better in the spot it's going. Dashing my dreams of becoming Optimumtech.

Reactions: knewt

Redux-Limited

Caliper Novice
Sep 1, 2019
I asked the same question in the v6 thread. I also always go with black for electronics, but for some reason this time I ordered the silver one. I liked the contrast with the black I/O panel and thought I needed something new - everything on my desk including the desk itself is black..

Let's hope I made the right choice, I'll know once I get it :) Could always buy extra set of panels if I regret it, but that will cost quite a bit.

I'm exactly on the same boat, my desk is completely black, speakers? Black, Keyboard and mouse? Black, Monitor? Black, large mousepad? You guessed it, black. But I also ordered the silver one, just to change a bit, plus I like how the "raw" aluminium looks.

Reactions: knewt

NeverBackDown

Caliper Novice
Jul 22, 2019
Personally went silver.

I have some Schiit audio gear, DAC and Amp. And they will go right next to my Silver M1 so it will fit right in.

Outside of that I have always had black cases. So personally even without matching my audio gear, I probably would have went with silver just because I wanted something different. Though black certainly looks good too.

knewt

Caliper Novice
Sep 4, 2019
I got my silver a few days ago and I can say that I am still very happy with my choice. Wouldnt want to change.