Image Credit – MSI

So right now a few of might be saying something like “so what…toasters make toast”. Before you get upset,  this news update is not for you. It’s for the people who don’t know the ins and outs of the SFF world yet.
One thing I like to do is keep an eye on the 200mm and shorter market of GPUs to see where the stock levels are. A year ago, you would have had to pay $800 for an RTX 3060 ITX style card, and likely used a Chinese importer. That’s how we had to do it for our MSI Aero ITX 3060ti review. Now a quick look at New Egg shows six  RTX 3060s going for as little as $355 (MSI Aero ITX) that would fit in some of the smallest of small SFF cases. Four are dual fan models, while two are single fan units. All are sold and shipped from New Egg USA...

Continue reading...

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I think the 3060 is the upper ceiling that still makes sense here as the tdp tends to be a bit too high from here onward and with 12GB VRAM, I kinda even find it more future proof than the 3060 Ti in the long run with more and more games already using 8GB.
I personally don't prefer the Aero series from MSI as it cannot be noctuarized properly. I do really find that 198mm Gigabyte Windforce 3060 with it's dual 90mm fans and vertical fins quite appealing however. It's great looking and very good use of space as well, also a good recipient for a fan switch to make it quiet - which is not always the case with EVGA's 202mm version with their smaller fans nor the Aero series. There's also the PNY single fan gpu that looks quite neat (with it's hexagonal motifs resembling the ventilation of Velkase side panels) while the single fanned card from Asus is unfortunately more than 2 slot.

Last edited: