shopping a plasma table

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Any of my case-building friends here have read to rock production CAD flats with lots of different features you want to test out?

I am shopping around and real world tests would be much preferable to the sample feature panels I want to have the vendors do.

James, I'm looking at you in particular, buddy. ;)

Peace!

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Hmm, I don't really have anything that's ready to go. I don't usually work with flats.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
It's done, or at least as much as I'm willing to put into it right now. I'll 3D Print it later. Dropbox link for anyone who wants the STL files.

Sorry if it's not suitable for the original topic, though, as I'm used to modeling for my printer.

-Edit-
It's the size of a regular credit card but a bit thicker, SFF forum logo cut into the front face with a dividing line across from which members can sign their (user)names. Can measure up to about 8cm.

Last edited:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Quick, someone design some SFF business cards with built-in calipers !

In my old job, my boss used to travel to Japan, and would bring back interesting stuff from the hardware and modelling shops.
We did have a batch of credit card sized calipers that were laser engraved with the company logo.
I don't have one to hand to photograph, but if I do, I'll post it as it's a great idea

Schmit01

Cable Smoosher
Mar 2, 2017
I have plenty of dwgs of other projects that I sent for laster cutting if that will help. Also if you want them limited to a certain size i can scale them.

Im not sure of the features you mean as I dont use plasma cutting.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
On that note, renowned egomaniac hacker Kevin Mitnick has a lock pick business card. NFI how doable something like this would be w/ a plasma cutter though.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Lupino System used to carry them, but their store appears to be offline at the moment.
Design is quite elegant, just two 0.15mm engraved/cut sheets. The 'slide' is retained by small folded tabs, but runs in an engraved 'rail' which should keep it more aligned than I would expect from the tabs alone.

Reactions: Phuncz and jtd871

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Lupino System used to carry them, but their store appears to be offline at the moment.
Design is quite elegant, just two 0.15mm engraved/cut sheets. The 'slide' is retained by small folded tabs, but runs in an engraved 'rail' which should keep it more aligned than I would expect from the tabs alone.

I can see where mine can improve! That's really quite elegant.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I'm not sure if that business card could be done with a laser (at least an "entry" level fiber laser) let alone a plasma. Those chamfered edges and tabs....so nice.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
maybe make some nice headphone stands in an X shape by using two flat peaces that intersect eachother like so:

But in an X shape, not a A shape. With rounded out ends and some juicy NFC logos.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Great ideas everyone! I really appreciate the input.

I have plenty of things to cut on said table (which is why I am taking out a loan for one) but I was just seeing if anyone had particular parts they were used to having cut so I could get some feedback on the cut quality. I have a frame of reference for my own stuff, but was/am looking to expand my horizon a bit.

I'll update this thread with my findings.