confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Indie cases, the major driver of our community forum and niche, come in many shapes and sizes (preferably small). Lazer3D recently approached me to try a couple of their products that are in final development - the HT5 and the CG7. Whilst the CG7 is due to launch in November, the HT5 has a September launch. Guess which one we'll look at first?

Read more here.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Wow the HT5 is looking great! Nice range of config possibilities while still keeping the volume down.

Huge props for supporting HdPlex, Kmpkt , and G Unique power setups out of the box as well.

:thumb:

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Looking good. I might have to get one of these for a 2400g build I been thinking about. Glad to see a review of one of the local builders here.

Btw: love the yang-a-lang lager.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Trying another layout and a bigger cooler - Prolimatech Samuel with Noctua NF-A12x15

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
Other than the little issues you mentioned, this product looks like it could launch tomorrow without a problem (and maybe it will? Haven't been following closely enough). I'm stoked for the possibilities... but unfortunately am not deep enough into super-compacting my builds to be able to get into this easily. I'd be several hundred dollars in the hole with a computer I don't know what to do with, sadly.

Wait, we have a hackintoshing forum here, yeah (edit: not sure if I'm imagining things. Better go check again)? Where did I put my wallet...

Last edited:

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@SashaLag considering my entire system at this point is 80 watts - I don't think there'd be much of a challenge :)

However, I threw in my 'thirstier' chip, a 54w Pentium G4560. Under a Prolimatech Samuel Slim Noctua 120mm fan, "silent" fan profile (because who runs their desktop at 100% fan speed?);

CPU-Z stress test
Ambient temperature of 20c
Closed chassis; delta of 25c
Top cover removed; delta of 23c
Bench; delta of 20c

I'm sure under a higher fan speed profile the system would cool much better.

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
Thank you! It's always better than without any indication, nonetheless :)

What is the max rpm of your fans? An approximated measurement of sound level produced can be obtained with "Sound Meter" app on your mobile phone (prefereably a famous one, so it's kind of calibrated by developers)

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Max RPM of the NF-A12x15 on the CPU cooler is 1850, max reached during testing was 900RPM. Max fan speed on the NF-A8 fans is 2200 RPM, I'm maxing around 1000.

I don't trust any sound meter app not calibrated on my actual phone, but during gaming (Minecraft, shaders, WQHD resolution) i'm seeing 18 dBa on "Sound Meter & Noise Detector", the an app w/ 4.6 stars and 1 million downloads on the Google Play store. Measured 1m away at a 45 degree angle.

Reactions: SashaLag

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
Awesome,thank you!
Yeah, agree with you, they're not great and there is for sure a big uncertainty in the measurement... But for sure it's a cheap way to do things!

Didn't say before but I enjoyed reading this review as much as I like this case (which I love)! Congrats!

Reactions: K888D

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@SashaLag Much appreciated :) I'm looking at picking up an actual calibrated meter in the near future - my detail orientated writing has been lacking as of late and I'd like to get back into that level of review for SFFn.

3vilgenius

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2018
What was that 19 volt powersupply thing you mentioned you put in? What's it for and why is it needed when you have that larger HDPlex powersupply? I'm genuinely trying to learn cuz I know nothing about these super tiny power supplies.

Is there any reason one might choose to get the Dynamo 360 DC-ATX powersupply for this kind of build instead of the HDPlex 400? I'm pretty new to these super tiny powersupply things so I don't really know how they work or why you might choose one instead of another aside from wattage needs. I'm basically just choosing between the two power supplies I mentioned.