SFF.Network [SFF Network] Corsair Releases the Hydro Series H5

Corsair has launched the Hydro Series H5 SFF cooler. This is a closed loop cooler directly aimed at the SFF market, and Corsair claims it can cool 150w of heat quietly and efficiently.

As we know all too well, cooling in SFF builds can be somewhat of a challenge. Corsair hopes that the Hydro Series H5 will help with that, ensuring that even overclocked CPUs can be cooled effectively.

Read more here.

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
Those have some novel designs, more like fans with very specific ducting for cooling LEDs? What would you do with those?

Nevermind I read the description, I've seen that technology before somewhere, I can't recall where.

edit: Found where I've seen it

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
We are also still waiting on the Sandia air cushion cooler. They were at CES last year with Cooler Master. I'd like to see them again on the 2016 CES.
Also the Noise canceling Noctua cooler is something I want to witness myself.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
How does the stock fan mount to the rad? I take it the Corsair rad doesn't have the 40mm fan mounting holes?

Tek Everything

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 25, 2015
tekeverything.com
How does the stock fan mount to the rad? I take it the Corsair rad doesn't have the 40mm fan mounting holes?

The fan sits inside the two plastic housing pieces, they attach to the rad with 4 screws. 2 on top, and 2 on the bottom

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Looks doable

Edit: Duh, just realized the rad is facing the wrong way :p

Last edited:

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
No idea. Of course they claim it's low noise but everyone says that. I couldn't really find any real-world reviews of the thing. These coolers are intended for high-power LED assemblies for industrial and commercial use so there's not much info readily available other the manufacturer's claims. That's why I've been tempted to try them out.

Awesome, the spec page doesn't mention 2011 but I saw an extra set of screws in the picture on your site so I was wondering about that.

I went ahead and ordered two. Now that there's a cool potential use for them I can't resist, I've been eyeing these things for over a year now but didn't really have a good heatsink to use :D

I'm also wondering if two of them could be mounted to a 92mm radiator, like the one Asetek makes for OEMs.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Those Synjet coolers are neat! I'd seen Murata's microfluidic implementation of GE's micropiezo pump, but didn't know scaled-up versions were available.

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 7, 2015

@Tek Everything, great review! Disappointing to hear it's so loud even idling. My reference 980s are definitely loud at load but at idle they're pretty quiet so I can't imagine why Corsair couldn't manage better with a much larger fan.
nice review. good to know it fits in an actual sff case, no matter how limited that number is.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Yes, 120mm. I did some preliminary testing and when I get some time I'll upload a video demonstrating the noise levels.