SFF.Network [SFF Network] Aqua Computer Releases A New Block - the Cuplex Kryos NEXT

15 years after releasing the first Cuplex CPU water block, Aqua Computer has launched a modern, hi-tech successor, the Cuplex Kryos NEXT.

Aqua Computer claims that the Cuplex Kryos NEXT currently has the best cooling performance on the market. The block has a very low flow resistance design, with high-precision CNC production and high value materials adding to the evidence towards their claims.

Read more here.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I like the industrial design of the block, some neat design features ! I'm curious about the adjustable design, it seems like a failure-prone feature.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com

What the heck are those PicoBlade connectors for? Doesn't look you can plug anything into them, and they expose way too many connections to have been used for programming the micro in that thing.

Pretty cool nonetheless, hopefully the benchmarks will support aqua computers claim.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It's for the future: RGB radiators, RGB pumps, RGB hoses, RGB fittings, RGB water, even RGB USB cable ! EVERYTHING RGB !!!!11
It saddens me that most of those things have already been RGB'ed.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
It's for the future: RGB radiators, RGB pumps, RGB hoses, RGB fittings, RGB water, even RGB USB cable ! EVERYTHING RGB !!!!11
It saddens me that most of those things have already been RGB'ed.

You're joking, but if you put any LEDs into a product, RGB is the best option as it allows everyone to just choose exactly the colour they want.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
You're joking, but if you put any LEDs into a product, RGB is the best option as it allows everyone to just choose exactly the colour they want.
I don't mind a LED here or there, or that it's RGB or LED color X or Y, but the focus on hardware having LEDs and having them controllable each with its own data-mining proprietary app that comes along with it, is mind-boggling. As if hardware is just a carrier for MOAR LEDs.

Case in point:

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
but the focus on hardware having LEDs and having them controllable each with its own data-mining proprietary app that comes along with it, is mind-boggling. As if hardware is just a carrier for MOAR LEDs.

Yeah that's my main gripe with it as well. There's no standard protocol for LED control, so everyone is spinning their own stuff, and some is inter-operable, some ain't, and in the end, you end up with a few RGB control apps on your PC that each take a few Gigabytes of storage and a minute to start up.